Electrical Project Manager
Construction Resources Management | Waukesha, WI
Full Time | Salary
The Electrical Project Manager will be responsible for the completion of complex electrical projects for all of our asphalt and aggregate plants within the Walbec Group of companies. Primary duties will involve the budgeting, design and project management of electrical work as well as performing fieldwork if necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Determine the scope of electrical projects and arrange for appropriate resources to perform the work
- Effectively monitor job cost estimates and related reports
- Ensure a Safe and Ethical Work Environment
- Assist as needed with the electrical design and troubleshooting
- Work with management to develop and maintain a predictive maintenance plan for company assets
- Assist in creating written job scopes, securing quotes and handling competitive bid process
- Review engineering conceptual designs, quotations and drawings for accuracy and communicate deficiencies
- Performs field inspections
- Review and understand electrical codes and design specifications
- Assist in development of standard specifications for construction projects, start-up and maintenance procedures and training on new and existing systems
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- 2 plus years of experience working in Electrical Project Management within construction or manufacturing environments
- Training and certification/licensing in the electrical field
- Working knowledge of electrical code guidelines and regulations in Wisconsin, Illinois, and Michigan
- Valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record
- Ability to understand and follow mechanical prints, electrical schematics, electrical prints and operation manuals
- 4 Year Electrical Engineering Degree or Master Electrician Certification
- Experience in a vertically integrated heavy/highway construction materials organization
- Self- sufficient team player with strong prioritization skills and relationship building skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability with knowledge of hydraulics and mechanics
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities as well as consulting, conflict management, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- VFD and PLC experience is a plus
- Knowledge of MSHA is a plus
- Auto-Cad Experience and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
The Walbec Group offers a great benefit package including PTO, health, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), profit sharing, flex spending, employee assistance and career development.
The Walbec Group is a family of companies that have collectively served the needs of our customers for over 85 years. Together Payne & Dolan, Inc., Northeast Asphalt, Inc., Zenith Tech, Inc., Premier Concrete, Inc. & Construction Resources Management, Inc. provide professional construction and engineering services in addition to producing quality construction materials. Our family of independent companies helps employees, customers and communities reach their destinations by combining our strengths in the construction industry to form a world-class organization. We take pride in working smart and safe to provide innovative, environmentally friendly solutions to the communities where we live and work.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and it is our practice to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants. In addition, it is the policy of our Company to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in each locality in which our Company has employees.