Syngentais a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringingplant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countrieswork together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing morefood with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplaceenvironment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative andtrusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of ourcustomers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Nomatter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding theworld and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future ofagriculture.
AtSyngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team inagriculture that provides leading seeds and crop protection innovations toenhance the prosperity of farmers. We are currently seeking a ProductDevelopment Specialist for the Vegetable Sales Team in California.
Youwill enhance the prosperity of farmers by:
Supportingthe local vegetable portfolio decisions and the sales execution with planning,execution, and the evaluation of the Stage 6 trials. You will leverage localtrial outcomes to refine product positioning. You will plan New ProductIntroductions and campaigns, while maintaining long term demand plans. You willensure local market needs are well represented upward, within the Regional CropUnit in conjunction with the Regional Portfolio Lead.
- Maintain an in-depthunderstanding of the changing market trends and grower needs
- Maintain a high-level knowledgeof competitors' key varieties
- Translate the Regional TrialPlan into detailed territory and Crop Unit plans
- Plan standard varieties, trialseeds allocation, key trait evaluation for PLC 6 trials and plans with the MarketingOperations Leads and organize demonstration trials
- Plan and evaluate key trialswith key producers and organize with Technical Sales Representatives
- Collect trial results and dataand consolidate into Territory Trial Reports
- Refine the product positioningfor launching varieties and define the key buying factors
- In partnership, define the price list based on price guidance from the Regional Portfolio Lead
- Input variety forecasts for three years forward and review for Seed Production
- Give technical support to key producers, leverage technical knowledge to the Sales teams and provide after sales support
- Provide investigation support for customer complaints
- Bachelor'sdegree in Agronomy or Horticulture, or equivalent field experience
- 3 yearsof experience in the Vegetable Seed industry is highly preferred
- Abilityto implement new market and business development plans to achieve profitablegrowth
- Abilityto forecast sales and budgets
- Trialset up, planting and evaluation experience
- Knowledgeof the Fresh Market and Processing market industry.
- Knowledgeof Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Abilityto develop and maintain productive work relationships with associates, dealers,grower customers and related industry personnel.
- Abilityto travel on a regular basis throughout the assigned territory, and tocompany/industry meetings as required
- Positionrequires up to 80% field travel within assigned territory
- Abilityand willingness to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions
- Abilityto deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Abilityto handle multiple projects simultaneously
What We Offer:
- Full Benefit Package(Medical, Dental & Vision) that starts the same day you do
- 401k plan with companymatch, Profit Sharing & Retirement Savings Contribution
- Paid Vacation, 12 Paid Holidays,Maternity and Paternity Leave, Education Assistance, Wellness Programs, CorporateDiscounts among others
- A culture that promoteswork/life balance, celebrates diversity and offers numerous family-orientedevents throughout the year
Syngentais an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment,hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons ofrace, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Familyand Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
EqualEmployment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
EmployeePolygraph Protection Act (EPPA)