First Midwest, with assets over $18 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
This role will serve as the primary point of contact for the Trust Department and will be responsible for advising on regulatory compliance matters, ensuring the Enterprise Compliance Program is appropriately implemented and to generally promote a strong compliance culture. The role will report to the Compliance Advisory Services Manager and is part of the independent Compliance and Operational Risk Management team; however, this position is a leadership role embedded within the Trust Department.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant regulatory compliance experience supporting Trust/Wealth Management areas, with progressive responsibility
- Strong technical understanding of applicable banking laws, regulations, and regulatory guidance as they apply to banking products, services and processes, including Regulation 9, ERISA and state fiduciary laws/regulations
- A solid understanding of compliance risk management principles and regulatory expectations
- The ability to analyze compliance requirements and develop recommended solutions/action steps for issues
- Experience working with regulators and auditors
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills; Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with business partners, teammates and stakeholders
- A strong work ethic and ability to multi-task
- A Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager ("CRCM") and/or Certified Fiduciary Investment & Risk Management Specialist ("CFIRS") certification is preferred
- From an advisory perspective, responsibilities include, but are not limited to, serving as the regulatory compliance subject-matter-expert to line of business personnel for:
- Day-to-day compliance questions;
- Supporting projects and initiatives (e.g. new products or services, process or system changes, mergers and acquisitions due diligence, marketing promotions, etc.);
- Assessing the impact of, and helping define action plans for, implementing regulatory changes;
- Reviewing compliance related policies and procedures;
- Regulatory examination support; and
- Addressing compliance issues.
- Other responsibilities related to the Enterprise Compliance Program include:
- Working with the line of business to complete and maintain current compliance risk assessments;
- Monitoring compliance risks and the effectiveness of key compliance controls;
- Assisting the Compliance Testing team in defining testing scope and validating potential issues;
- Identifying opportunities for additional compliance training;
- Evaluating root causes of compliance issues and complaints; and
- Escalating concerns to Compliance and Line of Business Management.
- Produce compliance reports, as assigned, and reviewing them with Business and Compliance management.
- Attend Department and Line of Business meetings, as applicable.
- Attend all training sessions, schools, and seminars as requested by the Compliance Advisory Services Manager.
- Assist and mentor other Compliance Department personnel as directed by the Manager.
- Travel to other First Midwest locations may be required periodically, estimated at up to 25% of the time.
The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here and Supplement here.