At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Looking for a person to join a dynamic team focused on building and supporting the next evolution of our Software Defined Data Center strategy. This person will work closely with both application developers as well as other infrastructure engineers to define automated solutions for traditional and cloud centric technologies.
Skills we are looking for:
- Solid understanding of VMware products (ESXi, Vcenter, vRA, etc.)
- Strong history supporting Linux and Windows server
- Knowledge with virtual networking in NSX a plus
- Working knowledge of creating standard OS images
- Experience supporting technologies in a large enterprise
- Firm understanding of technologies such as Ansible, GIT, and Jenkins
- Experience with OpenStack a plus
- Fast learner and self-starter. The people you will work with are incredibly talented and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Work collaboratively on creative solutions with application developers and engineering teams.
- Bring new ideas and new ways of solving problems to the team.
- Must poses good communication skills and mentor junior team members.
- Desire and ability to learn new technologies autonomously and build on your core knowledge base.
- Ability to identify issues, support and provide real time solutions for them.
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to logically analyze and creatively solve complex issues independently
- Demonstrated understanding of industry standards, technologies, methodologies and best practices
- Exposure to scrum/agile practices preferred
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.