At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a Mainframe Software Engineer you will be responsible for analyzing requirements and solutioning, while tracking deliverables to ensure timely delivery. Serving a mainframe point of contact for business teams and representing your teams company wide initiatives is a key component. You will also work with geographically distant teams communicating and helping with problem-solving.
- Apply mainframe engineering best practices in order to analyze, design and develop deploy and support software solutions, and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Develop software and systems on test driven development and continuous integration practices; establish monitoring and automation processes.
- In a mainframe environment, you move between diverse tasks with cooperation and persistence, helping to bring out the best in those around you.
Bring Your Best! Requirements:
- Experience and strength on mainframe technologies, specifically PL/I or Cobol, ChangeMan, CICS, JCL is a particular priority for this role.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Experience with mainframe engineering best practices to include analyzing, designing, developing, and deploying and supporting software solutions and/or infrastructure implementations/upgrades.
- Strong sense of ownership and the ability to work with a limited set of requirements.
- Ability to explain technical solutions to technical teams and non-technical teams.
- Specific technical requirements/platforms will vary (i.e. Front End, Back End, Cloud, .NET, Java, Python, etc.).
- Familiarity with public cloud and associated technologies (AWS, Azure, Containerization)
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.