At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Join a Change Management Center of Excellence team focused on achieving the Northwestern Mutual strategy while supporting the Employee Experience.
Job responsibilities include:
- Define, build, and deploy experience-led change management methodology to enable successful change within organization specific to audience needs (including field audiences). Methodology to include change management best practices, audience segmentation, leadership alignment, communication, change analytics, etc.
- Collaborate with team members, key leadership stakeholders, and cross functional business partners to assess the magnitude and timing of major changes, the audiences' change readiness and the key stakeholders most heavily impacted by the change.
- Partner with business leaders to design, develop and implement change strategies and plans for the segmented audiences. Monitor the plan timeline, deliverables and issues/risks and assure their escalation as appropriate.
- Build and manage a network of change leads and business partners to influence and drive successful changes and collect continuous feedback. Use learnings to evolve best practices and to modify plans and tactics as needed to support targeted groups/stakeholders and increase their effectiveness in driving sustainable change.
Bring your best. What the role needs:
- 10+ years of increasing levels of responsibility in business/consulting/change management.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, HR, or other appropriate discipline.
- Experience managing large-scale organizational change efforts
- Ability to present recommendations which are aligned to the business strategy. Ability to articulate an independent point-of-view and comfortable to challenge conventional practices.
- Systems view to bring organization design, people effectiveness and change enablement to drive integration and transformation.
- Think strategically and execute Must be strategically oriented, yet tactically focused on execution of plans.
- Influencing and relationship skills capable of building and sustaining excellent relationships at multiple levels in the organization. Uses relationships not only to gain a better understanding of the business needs, but also to strategically accomplish goals. Has well-honed influencing skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships among leaders in the Home Office and Field
- Analytical problem-solving skills adept at analyzing data and drawing insights to assess the organization, recognize potential issues, diagnosis route causes, and craft viable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with business leaders to develop, implement and sustain change interventions that enable transformational shift and achievement of business goals.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and project phases
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.