At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
- Implements holistic solutions utilizing working relationships across the NM enterprise.
- Designs, organizes, and executes high impact solutions across teams both within and outside their division.
- Establishes, aggregates, and shares enterprise standards and best practices.
- Mentors and guides junior engineers within respective division.
- Ensures production stability, monitoring, and root cause analysis is executed for their products.
- Responsible for their team to control and manage phases of the project on hand.
- Able to plan, direct, and coordinate activities with team and stakeholder to maximize the tech team productivity. In addition, help resolve and removing any impediments team might face.
- Recruits, hires and onboards talent, ensuring diverse and right mix of talent within team.
- Establishes, aggregates, and team standards and best practices across department
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- 6-8 years of professional software or engineering experience required
- 5-8+ years of experience leading teams using modern engineering tools, languages, and practices.
- Proven track record of successfully designing and delivering significant and impactful technology solutions.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and architecture.
- Drive towards aligning target state architecture with roadmap
- Experience developing and leading solution delivery using agile methods.
- API driven development for legacy and modern systems for Business and Data services
- Expert for the group in one or more technologies:
- Cloud Infrastructure application hosting (AWS)
- Application containerization such as Kubernetes, Docker
- Messaging Technologies: IBM WebSphere MQ, Kafka
- CI/CD: GitLab, Jenkins
- Languages/Scripting: Java, Node.js, Spring, Python
- Relational databases (SQL), NoSQL, GraphQL
- Jira, Jira Align for DevOps
- Recognized as the go-to expert within the division or department.
- Ability to effectively communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences in varying forms and levels of detail.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.