At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
Northwestern Mutual is seeking a performance marketing expert to help lead the growth of our digital lead generation program. Reporting to the Senior Director, Media & Digital Marketing, the Assistant Director and their team will be responsible for all aspects of the performance marketing program, including: developing and meeting annual KPI targets, launching & optimizing new campaigns, and asset & experience develop to support lead gen. He/She will manage both an in-house team and agency partners who serve as a direct extension of the team, working in a highly collaborative and agile environment.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for defining the performance media strategy while owning the execution and optimization for mid and lower funnel media channels including search, social, native, sponsored content, affiliate, newsletters, email and CPL digital partnerships.
- Leads day to day management of media agency for performance media campaigns ensuring campaigns are launched flawlessly and optimized to provide maximum growth and ROI.
- Oversees all product, tech, creative and content development work supporting these campaigns with a keen ability to develop ad creative and messaging that drives engagement and business results.
- Ensures creative briefs are on strategy and leveraging the right insights to connect with consumers in a deep and relevant way.
- Forms strong relationships with reps at Google, Facebook and other partners who are a key part of our plans to improve performance, open up new growth opportunities and drive innovation.
- Leads the execution of strategic lead generation partnership opportunities that can drive scalable lead volume for Northwestern Mutual over time.
- Oversight of experiences (tools/calculators, gated content) to ensure they are research-based, insights driven, on brand and optimized for conversions.
- Oversees the performance budget, reporting up through the Senior Director. Partner with Brand on budget management to ensure holistic goals are achieved.
- Provide mentorship and management to team members.
Bring your best! What this role needs:
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 8-10 years of experience managing media and acquisition strategies either at an agency or in house. Preferred sector experience: Lifestyle, retail and / or CPG.
- Must have deep experience across digital channels, inclusive of search, social, display, video, sponsored content, native, & affiliate
- A creative, entrepreneurial spirit who is self-motivated and constantly seeking out and identifying opportunities to drive the business forward without being told when and what to do.
- Exceptional leadership skills: Proven experience building and leading high-performance teams. You teach, aren't afraid to get your hands dirty, and you take the reins when you need to. Strong ability to motivate and empower every individual on your team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work well in a team environment, with an ability to drive cross-team collaboration
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.