At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Are you passionate about supporting technology development team success by serving as a leader to help teams reach their full potential? Interested in becoming a member of a team that is dedicated to developing technology and data flows that support the recruiting, contracting and licensing processes for Financial Representatives at Northwestern Mutual. Our technology and data flows are the foundation of all field data helping to drive decision making across the organization.
We are looking for a Front-End developer to work with our cross-functional team and join our world-class community of talented experts. In this role, your responsibilities will include all phases of user interface development. You will work with our internal customers and backend developers both on our team and others.
- Modify, improve, and streamline existing front-end applications and systems.
- Integrate front-end systems with back-end development team.
- Work on all stages of the development lifecycle and familiarity with MVC framework.
- Work with front and back end developers to integrate user-facing elements.
- Troubleshoot to solve architectural challenges and performance problems.
- Translation of wireframes into responsive front-end UI design
- Enjoy working collaborating and participating in team discussions and planning.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a professional programming position.
- Excellent understanding of common web services protocols e.g. HTTP, JSON, & REST
- Experience with one or more frontend frameworks such as React or AngularJS
- Strong Node
- Experience with cloud services and frameworks, such as Kubernetes and AWS
- Good understanding of containers, build systems, and infrastructure automation
- Passionate about engineering perfection, performance, and quality
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules
- Knowledge of different Agile processes
- Competitive base salary
- Performance-based incentive pay opportunity
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance, survivor and disability protection
- Pension plan
- 401(k) plan
- Flexible paid time off, and paid volunteer time
- Career development resources and training
- Educational assistance program
- Employee assistance program
- Adoption assistance
- Parental leave program
- On-site medical centers (Wisconsin campuses)
- On-site fitness centers open 24/7 (Wisconsin campuses)
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.