At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to participate in the manual and automation testing of various web-based projects that integrate over various systems, including third-party financial account linking tools (think Mint and Personal Capital), and complex financial planning interfaces and algorithms.
You will be under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager on a team with an already-established, mature testing process. Your role will be that of a "full-stack" Test Engineer. Someone who has a strong appreciation and skill in manual / exploratory testing with the capability of writing automated tests (time and training is allotted after hiring to learn our automation framework).
Your general milestones are the following:
- Within the first two weeks, be able to jump head-first into an ongoing project and ask the appropriate questions / do the appropriate research to effectively construct test cases and understand what needs to be done in terms of integration / regression testing and eventual deployment.
- Within two months, be able to discuss high-level functionality and infrastructure of entireweb application. You should understand all basic user flows and how the technology behind it works.
- Within three months, understand the basics of Node.js and our automation framework (written in Node.js) and be able to read and troubleshoot automated test executions.
- Within five months, be able to build out entire features leveraging our current manual and automatedtest infrastructure.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Proven results driven by testing knowledge and application.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Self discipline and organizational acumen.
- Working proficiency of at least one programming language.
- Experience using Selenium or another automated browser-driver. Can move quickly. Everyone here is incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but youhave tobe willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Tons of room for career growth. Test engineering team especially is growing rapidly.
- Customizable independent growth opportunities including training in a variety of modern technical applications.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Amazing benefits.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.