At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
The ideal candidate will be a thought leader, contributing to technology roadmaps while actively leveraging hands-on skills to architect, develop, configure and deploy solutions for Microsoft Office 365 products. The O365 Lead Engineer is a member of the Productivity Experience team who actively partners with internal and external teams to ensure usability, reliability, and security is maintained on the platform. This individual should have experience with and will be expected to deliver a world-class experience for Microsoft 365 tools including but not limited to Exchange Online, Email and Messaging, Intune, Enterprise Mobility and Security, and various Microsoft 365 workloads such as SharePoint Online, Power Platform, etc. It is expected that the candidate is an expert in one or more of these domains working in a large enterprise, the ideal candidate will be extremely proficient with Email and Messaging. This role will specifically be accountable to further tune the environment for performance gains, reliability, and stability. Now is an exciting time as we have several large efforts underway which primarily support our objective to secure, mature and integrate Office 365 services. The position is on a fun team where the work is challenging and rewarding!
What you'll do each day:
- As a member of an Agile team it will be your accountability to, architect, develop, configure, deploy and support various productivity tools, primarily consisting of Microsoft 365 Services which includes Office Suite, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Yammer, OneDrive for Business, Power BI, Intune, etc.
- Drive the resolution of complex problems that impact the enterprise through hands-on execution, leading teams, and influencing partnering teams to contribute to the resolutions.
- Be a thought leader with respect to contributing to O365 product architecture/roadmaps, performance, reliability and secure integration
- Keep abreast of O365 and Productivity tools industry trends & standards
- Being a talent multiplier on the team by coaching and mentoring others
- Driving large bodies of work with very little direction.
- Partnering with product teams to understand user voice and taking that feedback to design solutions that will improve the user experience.
- Leverage Service Management tools and best practices for incidents, problems and change management.
- Manage, maintain, own, set standards for, and drive performance enhancements, monitoring for the Productivity tool-suite.
What kind of person should you be?
- You pride yourself on customer service and delivering a delightful user experience
- You enjoy and are skilled at problem solving and resolving complex issues
- You have the ability to quickly learn unfamiliar tools and/or technical concepts
- You can handle stressful situations calmly
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- You have an innovation mindset and are always looking to make things better
- You're self-motivated
- You have a very high standard for quality and aim to achieve world-class excellence
- Able to work well independently or as part of a team
- You have the ability to assess maintainability & long-term impacts of solution design choices
- You have an escalated sense of urgency in response to outstanding issues
- You have an extremely strong sense of ownership
- Integrity is very important to you
What skills do you need?
- Bachelor's degree in MIS, Computer Science, IT Engineering or equivalent directly-related work experience beyond the minimum required for the position
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience
- Al least 3 years hands on experience with O365 products including, Intune, Enterprise Mobility and Security, Conditional Access, Azure, ADFS and various Microsoft 365 workloads such as SharePoint Online, Power Platform, etc.
- At least 5 years experience or working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, IP Routing, DNS and Networking fundamentals.
- At least 5 years experience with PowerShell or various scripting languages to automate and implement solutions at an advanced level
- At least 1 year of experience supporting a technology and working directly with end-users or a similar role that demonstrates customer empathy skills
- Ability to identify security risks within the O365 environment and suggest mitigations
- Strong ability to build consensus around complex technical and business decisions
- Proven people interaction skills to include human relations and interpersonal skills necessary to facilitate productive design/solutioning discussions
- Partners well with others; proven ability to foster collaboration among team members and across teams
- Demonstrated ability to define and drive a strategy
- Demonstrated ability to step forward to address difficult issues
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence without direct authority
- Proven analytical abilities especially in decision making and problem solving
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities and the ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Communicate effectively, both written and verbal, with immediate team members, business partners, and customers
- Experience creating documentation around design architecture, blueprinting, BCP plans, technical roadmaps, monitoring and performance plans
- At least 4 years acting as a Subject Matter Expertise for Messaging & Routing, in a large enterprise where you designed, maintained and executed mail routing architecture, disaster recovery, monitoring and performance plans.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.