At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Associate Software Engineer
Looking for a full stack development engineer with a mindset of working in Agile team format. Person should have 1-4 years of hands-on experience and exposure to industry experience.
Person will be required to work onsite, at Milwaukee downtown location.
Person should be:
- Able to move between diverse tasks during a software development cycle
- Passionate to achieve team's mission and to meet expectations of timely deliverables
- Be willing to absorb and share knowledge across other team members
What you'll get to do:
- Apply engineering best practices throughout the full software development cycle
- Build like a start-up, incrementally and iteratively, but with the security and resources of an enterprise budget
- Collaborate in a deeply cross functional way with peer engineers and business users
- Brainstorm solutions for new business requirements and resolve current problems
- Work with team members to solve problems, formulate hypotheses, and experiment with solutions
- Work with a talented, mission-driven, that values your input and your individuality
Who we are looking for:
Full stack engineer with fluency in code development using Java with relational database technologies.
Ability to translate business and /or process related challenges into technical solutions
- Good understanding of Object-Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD) patterns
- Experience of building RESTful API, Web UI applications
- Experience of relational database technologies and working with SQL on at least one industry standard database
- Knowledge of ETL concepts, reporting tools, is preferred (if you don't have these skills, you must have the desire to learn these tools)
- Knowledge of using continuous integration and development (CI/CD) process and build tools (Jenkins, GitLab/GitHub)
Desired (nice to have):
- Experience of commonly used Java frameworks, such as SpringBoot, Apache Commons, Log4j, JUnit
- Familiarity with working in an Agile/Scrum team structure
- Familiarity with public cloud and associated technologies preferably AWS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.