|Schedule||Monday - Friday 3:15pm to 11:45pm|
Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools, and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food industry supply chain and to help put food on tables around the world.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 180+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, and Canada. We have nearly 13,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under general supervision, the Truck Driver will drive a commercial motor vehicle primarily engaged in trips of 150 miles or less from the home base. Drivers will be responsible for established routes within an established territory; provide safe and punctual delivery of products to or from customers.
• Serve as point-of-contact for the company regarding product acceptance or delivery issues.
• Process and file paperwork including purchase orders, invoices, accounts receivables, fuel receipts, and dispatch sheets, bill of ladings, unloading receipts, trucking logs, and shipping schedules.
• Deliver and pick-up containers/trailers at various warehouse locations.
• Required to assist in unloading or reloading the vehicle.
• Relay information between ports-of-entry and warehouses.
• Follow all traffic laws including DOT regulations.
• Maintain all DOT Vehicle logs as required by law as well as company documents.
• Perform daily equipment inspection.
• Report any discrepancies to operations team immediately upon discovery.
• May create, process, and track invoices and billing.
• May deliver information to outside third parties to pick up or deliver containers/trailers.
• Follow attendance policy, show up for work on time and ready to work assigned shift.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, or
• At least one year related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have a valid CDL “A” License with air brake endorsement.
• Minimum of 5 years professional driving experience
• Good driving record:
• No more than 1 moving violation (i.e. reckless driving, speeding in excess of 15 miles above the posted speed limit within the past year).
• No more than 3 moving violations or serious motor vehicle violations within the past 3 years.
• No DUI violations.
• Must be able to work shifts as assigned, which include flexible hours and weekends.
• Must pass DOT required background screen, pre-employment drug test and physical and medical requirements.
• Must be able to get in and out of the truck, hook and unhook trailering equipment.
• Must be able to work in all types of weather.
• Must be able to work in a drug free environment.
• Must be able to wear and maintain uniform.
• Requires ability to work independently
• Requires the ability to pay close attention to details, meet deadlines, and work with difficult individuals
• Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor.
• Various on board computer systems
• Smart phone and applications
• Requires constant sitting, driving and handling/grasping.
• Requires frequent lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, climbing stairs/ladder, bending twisting at waist, crouching/kneeling, reaching and repetitive motion.
• Requires occasional standing, walking, working at heights/balancing and crawling.
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• May require a visit facility operations in temperatures at or below freezing
• May carry loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.