Good Foods Group is an innovative food company that manufactures and markets clean label, high quality, high pressure processed (HPP) refrigerated foods and cold pressed juices.
We are a young and fast growing company that focuses on state of the art processes, eco-friendly initiatives and food safety as a priority. Management’s decades of collective experience and rapidly expanding business provides a great opportunity to grow with a well-positioned company. The Good Foods brand is sold in over 6,000 retail outlets throughout the US and Canada. Our mission is to be recognized as a leader in the multiple categories we represent.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Human Resources will develop, and execute an HR strategy to support the continued international growth of Good Foods and ensure alignment with the Company’s mission, values, and overall objectives. The HR strategy will involve the development of a performance management system, including succession planning and a review of the compensation model for incentives, the design of a world class recruiting and onboarding process, and the implementation of an HRIS in 2020. The Vice President of Human Resources will foster an environment of collaboration across all levels within the organization, both in the U.S. and Mexico, while maintaining a focus on the commercial goals of the business.
Strategic Development, Planning, Execution, and Results:
- Develop HR strategy aligned with the Good Foods’ business strategy, in partnership with the executive team. Lead execution of strategic initiatives.
- Support the Good Foods’ current and future business needs through a talent management strategy that facilitates the recruitment, development, engagement, and retention of talent in both the U.S. and Mexico.
- Analyze competitive compensation and benefits data to inform strategy on an ongoing basis.
- Leverage knowledge of best practices evaluate legislation and identify relevant industry trends to influence internal processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain HR metrics to report to executive team and inform decision making.
Values and Culture:
- Model and partner with the executive team to reinforce the Good Foods’ Cultural Values in order to nurture a positive and rewarding work environment, globally.
HR Leadership and Workforce Development:
- Ensure that the HR organization has the capabilities and processes required to help develop and execute the HR strategy, both in the U.S. and Mexico.
- Assess, develop, and mentor the HR team in recruitment, training, and retention of employees, globally.
- Develop and implement an overall workforce learning, development, and succession planning strategy aligned with the Company’s international business goals.
- Determine optimal human capital locations for potential new markets or satellite offices for future expansion in support of the company’s future growth.
- Consult with outside legal counsel on matters of employment practices and corporate policies to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations (e.g., OSHA, EEO, FMLA, Workers’ Compensation, ERISA, FLSA, Wage & Hour).
- Provide advice and counsel to executive team to address current and emerging employee relations issues.
- Provide support and guidance to executive team in addressing performance concerns.
HR Policies and Operations:
- Develop and implement a performance evaluation process in alignment with the Good Foods’ strategic goals and Culture, reinforced by incentives.
- Work with management to ensure the effective and equitable application of employee evaluations and performance improvement plans.
- Identify government reporting requirements impacting HR and ensure that all procedures and reporting are in compliance, in both the U.S and Mexico.
- Oversee the maintenance of current Plant Rules, Code of Safe Work Practices, and Administrative HR Policies.
- Administer the Company’s benefit programs (health, dental, vacation, etc.) to ensure competitiveness and cost effectiveness.
- Perform other duties or special project responsibilities as assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Administration, Business Administration, Organizational Psychology or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
- 15+ years of broad-based HR experience with a minimum of 5 years in a Business Partner capacity.
- Experience in CPG manufacturing; Food and beverage, or agricultural processing preferred.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, multi-site environment.
- Proven leadership and an ability to work with a management team to establish and maintain effective Human Resources practices and programs.
- Ability to connect with all levels within the organization to foster a collaborative work environment focused on employee engagement and building high-performing teams.
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment law and labor law. Knowledge of Mexican federal labor laws are a plus.
- Knowledge of benefits and compensation practices with experience utilizing market data and analytics to identify trends.
- SPHR or SHRM-SCP Certification preferred.
- Experience supervising safety function with a focus on controlling workers compensation costs.
- Track record of recruiting a targeted workforce and implementing an onboarding program.
- Hands-on responsibility for two direct reports: Director of HR and Sr. HR Generalist.
- Fluency in the English language is required. Spanish language skills are a major plus.
- Maintains the unwavering standards of Good Foods: Connectivity, Integrity, Innovation, and Goodness.
- Ability to establish priorities and a course of action for handling multiple tasks.
- Meticulous with strong leadership, management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong team player, while also being a strong individual and self-reliant contributor.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including manufacturing, marketing, sales, supply chain, and finance.
- Detail-oriented, team member, quick problem-solver.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook.
- Typical office environment
- Mostly indoor office environment with windows
- Offices with equipment noise
- Offices with frequent interruptions
- Use hands to find, handle, touch and manipulate items.
- Speak and/or hear
- Stand for extended periods, walk and reach with hands or arms.
- Occasionally stoop, reach, crouch, twist and walk.
- Have vision abilities to include proximate vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus as well as be able to effectively see and process computer generated images on a screen.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Able to work overtime and/or weekends.
- This position will be required to travel between two (2) manufacturing sites, including a couple of international trips per year.
- The position is based in Pleasant Prairie, WI, which is near the corner of Hwy H and Hwy 165. We are 5 minutes east of 1-94 or 5 minutes south of Hwy 50.
Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.