At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
What's the role?
As a technical hands-on Senior Test Engineer, your job is to plan, execute and promote quality on a team in the manual and automation testing of various data and analytics based efforts. These efforts are integrated over various systems and may include: free standing reporting systems, cloud based data, on premised data, CRM, Field Facing and Home Office facing operational systems.
You will be the senior tester of a team with an already-established testing process that you are expected to mature and elevate.Your role will be that of a full-stack Senior Test Engineering- a strong, passionate test automation engineer who is a skilled exploratory tester with previous experience developing data connectivity, data models, data design, and writing automation.
We align with the context-driven approach to testing and test management - if you know what that is, and more importantly, if you consider yourself to align with this approach, we want to talk to you!
Your general milestones for the first year are the following:
- Within the first three weeks, join the team, get a base understanding of our testing tools and frameworks and begin leveraging those on basic tests.
- Within one month, gain a full understanding of the business domain you support and apply that knowledge to your test strategy.In addition, be well on your way learning databricks and our python/spark data testing framework.
- Within two months, your are an effective member of the team providing test leadership as the single point of contact for quality on your team.Technically, you are executing automated data testing suites.
- Within four months, understand the landscape of data and data movement within the context of your team.You should understand all basic user flows and how the technology behind it works.
- Within six months, be able to build out entire features leveraging our current automation test framework (written in node.js).This includes front end and back end data tests.
- Within six months, demonstrate through measures that your team has matured beyond it's current state.
- Proven results delivering and guiding others (with references).
- Proven experience of leading and mentoring teams specific to QA / test engineering.
- Technical expertise in data testing, ETL; live data streams a plus
- Can move quickly.Everyone here is incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
- Tech skills:powerbi, informatica, ssis, data modeling, data design, data management, spark, python, AWS
- Tons of room for career growth.You're on the ground floor and your team will grow if you have the drive.
- Highly technical and passionate fellow test engineers.We care a lot about what we do and are very active in local meetups and love new ideas.
- Highly competitive salary
- Amazing Benefits
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.