At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
Experienced system engineer with expertise in endpoint computing engineering supporting enterprise level SCCM environments, particularly with Infrastructure components (Hierarchy, Site System Roles, Boundary groups, Site communications, Role-Based Administration, and more). Energized individuals with a growth mindset and ability to continue to adapt as the space transforms. Strong ability to mentor, coach peers, and foster a collaborative environment.
- Manage SCCM Upgrades to infrastructure and clients
- Architect and Collaborate on automated patching solutions, including third party catalog integration
- Establish Monitoring baselines with Operations team and set up appropriate alerting and triage
- Excellent troubleshooting skills within area of expertise.
- Create Custom Reports in SSRS as well as facilitate SQL Table/View support for PowerBI Dashboarding
- Engineer orchestration with other applications such as ServiceNow
- Configure & Manage Compliance items and baselines
- Writing and deploying automation using tools such as PowerShell, Python, Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation, and PowerCLI
- Experience in creating and administration of CI/CD Pipelines
- Trained in the use of version & source control and the ability to collaborate through code with tools such as Gitlab, Github, etc.
- Engineer automated operating system imaging using tools such as DISM, WinPE, MDT, SCCM OSD, and more.
- Create and troubleshoot the implementation of Group Policy
- Have a proficient understanding of other platform technologies and capabilities (Infrastructure Virtualization, Domain Services, Configuration Management, Automation, etc.)
- Eagerness to engage with other teams that that share dependencies with your area
- Champion Documentation for all work you deliver on
- Knowledge of and establishment of best practices
- Cultivate a productive relationship with vendor of your respective technology
- Feel Empowered to apply Security best practices
- Be Inspired to evangelize your respective technology to areas of the business that can benefit
- Be a beacon of resourcefulness - When technical issues related to your respective technology arise that nobody can find the solution to - have the capability to find the best solution
- Eagerness to train others in your respective technology and foster a learning culture around your technology
Minimum of 5 years of experience with SCCM
Minimum of 5 years engineering & supporting Windows client operating systems
Relevant Certifications a plus
Experience with Linux & Mac operating systems a plus
Experience working in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) is recommended
*3 years experience with virtualization and containerization
*3 years experience with monitoring and performance management of systems
*3 years experience with Scripting development
*3 years experience with Identity Platform and tools
*Exposure to Infra as Code concepts and tooling Experience with CICD concepts, and tools including GIT, branching strategies and leveraging knowledge to assist in delivering an infrastructure as a product.
*Experience with modern development and scripting languages
* You understand the technical concepts necessary to do your job effectively and are aware of industry trends in your domain.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.