About this Job:
Thisrole is responsible for implementing Syngenta's AgriEdge Excelsior program withgrowers within the Commercial Unit. This will be accomplished by positioningSyngenta's AgriEdge Excelsior program; developing relationships with growers,retailers and Syngenta personnel in the identified geography; contributing todevelopment and expansion of the program. Implement the Syngenta strategy withcustomers and within Syngenta to deliver the three core objectives: Integrate,Innovate, Outperform. Achieve sales, profit, and market share targets withchannel partners, key producers and other customers, within the assignedterritory.
Essential Duties &Responsibilities:
- Implement/administer AgriEdge to include sales, marketing, technical, CRM, and service
- Provide training, business planning, and technical support to enrolled growers
- Identify additional opportunities to grow revenue and share in crop markets
- Develop unique offers to leverage AgriEdge brand elements and to build the AgriEdge brand
- Support partners who participate in AgriEdge Excelsior and AgriEdge co-offers
- Align efforts to complement district(s) sales goals
- Analyze program data, develop value propositions, and manage exposure of risk management elements
- Serve as AgriEdge business expert to aligned sales districts
- Actively engage with our channel partners to assist with their ability to connect with growers more effectively in delivering solutions in collaboration with Syngenta.
- Create demand at the grower level, ensuring that both the grower and reseller are knowledgeable about our products and have further interest in Syngenta solutions.
- Develop a profound understanding of customer needs via solution selling, recognized expertise, and trust with customers, within assigned market area.
- Regularly collect and report market intelligence and relevant value chain insights.
- Manage operational budget, variable selling expenses, and marketing funds within Commercial Unit / District guidelines.
- Accurate forecasting for customers within territory.
- Contribute to the District(s) plans to deliver the Commercial Unit / District Business Plan.
- Work with colleagues within the Commercial Unit and other functional areas to develop effective ways of working that enables the Sales Team.
- Actively support the Sales Team with the communication of the Syngenta Strategy with customers.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum education requirement: BA/BS in Ag Science, Ag Business or Business
- MBA desirable
- State Pesticide License and/or CCA preferred
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in post graduate Production Ag, Sales and/or Sales Management
- Strong senses of customer focus and demonstrates excellent sales and negotiations skills.
- The candidate must demonstrate leadership, innovative thinking, and calculated risk-taking
- The candidate must have experience in sales, marketing, and customer relations
- Strategic Sales Management and Change Management experience
- Broad knowledge of Syngenta's product portfolio and of corresponding crop markets
- The ability to recognize competitive activities in the marketplace and respond effectively to minimize impact without compromising profitability targets
- General sales, marketing and technical skills; knowledge of agricultural market; knowledge of customers and distribution channels; agronomic and crop marketing expertise
- Business Analytical and Planning skills related to sales management
- Agronomic Knowledge relevant to the Commercial Unit
Additional Knowledge, Skills, Traits & Abilities:
- work effectively both alone and within a team setting
- possess strong interpersonal and communications skills (written and verbal)
- demonstrate excellent sales and negotiations skills
- have strong computing skills and adapt easily to new technology
- exhibit patience, discipline, be an exceptional time manager, and be adept at teaching
- articulate new and innovative ideas/strategy recommendations based on grower needs
- interact well with field personnel to ensure consistency in customer service without duplicating effort
- Working knowledge of pertinent Precision Agriculture and other technologies at the grower level
- Demonstrated ability to Lead Change
- Strong customer orientation as demonstrated
- Accomplishments in redelivering results during times of major change
- Operating expenses are managed within budget
- Grower "pull through" strategies are implemented and measured for effectiveness
- Travel Requirements - 50%
- A minimum of 2 years in current position is required for internal applicants
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)