AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Manages the processes and team to ensure that the products delivered to the customer meet the agreed quality standards. Maintains and deploys the ALPS Quality Management System, assesses its adequacy and proactively improves it. Conducts internal audits.
• Manages processes related to raw materials and final batch testing of all relevant products using standard (quality) procedures to meet specifications.
• Coordinates all QC resources to ensure internal and external customer needs are met.
• Ensure processes and standards are in place and followed to ensure the number of batch adjustments/hits are kept to an optimal level.
• Manages escalation process if RFT and adjustments/hits if beyond optimal level..
• Promotes quality system within team, adhering to elements and being familiar with philosophy, quality statement, quality manual and procedures
• Ensures retained sample control and administration including related document collection, filing and disposal.
• Ensures that technical information is maintained, and verification/calibration procedures are in place
• Liaises with RD&I to ensure New Product Introduction procedures are followed
• Promotes, develops and implements quality assurance procedures and systems to improve and maintain quality within manufacturing
• Ensures that all manufacturing employees are thoroughly familiar with the philosophy, quality statement, quality manual, and are trained in the appropriate procedures.
• Maintains quality equipment by monitoring performance, calibration and conducting preventive maintenance.
• Supports customer audits and internal audits, and ensure team works to the (e.g. ISO) implement quality standards and systems.
• Supports in the process to maintain quality certifications (e.g. ISO).
• Provide data analysis to improve efficiency of the laboratory. Generate quality information by preparing required reports and maintaining relevant records to ensure efficient process for release of batches.
• Provide assistance, gives advice and distributes information to customers, suppliers, sales and internal departments related to product quality.
• Investigate customer complaints or DGR related to QC Laboratory to find root causes using quality tools (5 Whys, Ishikawa, gage R&R etc).
• Implement corrective actions to mitigate loss and avoid reoccurrence.
• Actively deploys ALPS foundations and ALPS Quality Management primary processes, with high priority.
• Promotes quality philosophy throughout the organization by setting a positive example and participating in cross-functional problem-solving activities.
• Is familiar and complies with all the applicable corporate as well as site and laboratory policies/procedures with regards to personal conduct, HSE and Product Safety & Regulatory Affairs (PSRA) standards.
Supervisory experience + quality or manufacturing experience (3 to 5 yrs managing QC team)
Working knowledge of laboratory equipment and processes
Root Cause Analysis and quality tools
Minitab (Software) (Preferred by not required)
Chemist/Chemical engineering Degree or related degree with technical experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Requisition ID: 3045
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro