Client company in Franklin has a first shift opening for a CNC machinist who can set up and program mills and lathes in a short run environment. Candidates must be able to set-up, adjust and operate shop CNC machine tools to perform complex machining operations on a variety of close
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Set-up, adjust and operate shop machine tools to perform complex machining operations on a variety of
close tolerance work in a high mix short lead time environment
• Operate CNC machining equipment, and a variety of supporting equipment to perform a series of
progressive machining operations to meet precise tolerance and finish requirements.
• Work from detailed and involved drawings and specifications. Machine types to include CNC Vertical Mills
& CNC Horizontal Machining Centers, assorted manual machines, special purpose machines, etc.
• Work can range from smaller less complicated work to large and expensive work or smaller work of
complicated nature having critical and exacting requirements as to tolerance and finish.
• Lay out and self-inspect workmanship.
• Diagnose and rectify tooling problems and machine malfunctions.
• Use a wide variety of precision measuring instruments and perform complex inspection of machining
specifications and criteria.
• Knowledge of deburring techniques and ability to operate a variety of deburr and finishing equipment.
• Active and integral participation in machining improvement Kaizens / Lean efforts
• High and low volume production experience utilizing pallet changers/pallet pool systems
• Use of Mastercam programming software to program CNC machining centers (both horizontal / vertical)
and turning centers.
• Able to edit/modify programs at the control as needed
• Experience with high feed/high speed tooling utilization
• Work closely and effectively with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure machines and processes are
functioning to the highest degree of performance
• Work with Manufacturing Engineering to manage program consistency at control and in machine program
• Evaluate and maintain product quality
Description of other duties that may be assigned: Perform general shop duties including, but not limited to:
material handling, simple deburring, non-skilled machining, and other production related duties as assigned by
Must adhere to safety standards.
Perform light housekeeping duties (5S) and light preventative maintenance duties as prescribed by management,
and all other tasks as required by management.
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed
above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of this position.
• High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate)
• Trade school certificate
• 6 years of progressive Machining Experience
• Solid understanding of CNC and conventional machining and machine shop theory.
• Understanding of CNC programming, G-Code and M-Code, machine tool setup and integration, tooling, fixture
and gage design/application.
• Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word processing, spreadsheet, and production software.
• Requires knowledge of materials, tooling & fixturing application, ability to adapt tooling, fixturing and
attachments for special work requirements.
• Must have demonstrated ability to adhere to quality standards, criteria, and drawing specification.
• Must display a strong “sense of urgency” and can do approach and possess a passion for reducing costs
• Requires excellent oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees and
• Experience with CAD/CAM software packages MasterCam, CAMWorks