At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
- Provide hands-on engineering, configuration and support for some/all of the following messaging solutions: WebSphere MQ, MuleSoft, & Apache Kafka.
- Develop and mature systems management environment capabilities & quality attributes (high availability, redundancy, performance management, security, capacity management, backup/recovery, disaster recovery, etc) for messaging solutions.
- Provide expert-level (L1/L2) troubleshooting and drive resolution to messaging-related incidents and problems.
- Effectively communicate integration best practices with business/application team partners leveraging NM's strategic messaging technologies.
- Develop and mature resilient, highly-available messaging infrastructure designs and topologies across a multi data center configuration.
- Design and build automation to consistently instantiate, configure, test, and patch messaging software leveraging continuous integration/continuous delivery technologies.
- Mature and implement monitoring solutions to proactively address potential problems and provide visibility into health of messaging infrastructure.
- Design and build automation to provide messaging-related self-service capabilities to end customers.
- Address implementation challenges associated with both large-scale, highly-centralized enterprise messaging deployments as well as personalized, uniquely-tuned messaging deployments.
- Recommend and deliver untapped messaging capabilities provided through NM's strategic messaging solutions.
- Provide occasional on-call support for enterprise messaging infrastructure.
- Contribute to a high-performing engineering team eager to deliver business value through technical messaging implementations.
- 3+ years of WebSphere MQ integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) and/or 2+ years of MuleSoft integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) OS and/or 12+ months of Apache or Confluent Kafka integration or administration experience on distributed (Linux, Unix) OS.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with scripting (bash, python preferred)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with automation & scheduling technologies (Ansible preferred).
- 5+ years of messaging integration and/or infrastructure engineering experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate messaging capabilities to business partners, peer engineers, and leadership a must.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Solid understanding of networking and security concepts.
- Experience with popular monitoring/logging technologies such as CA Introscope, ELK, Splunk or Dynatrace.
- Familiarity with delivery pipeline/CICD technologies.
- Experience operating within team utilizing agile delivery principles.
- Detail-oriented individual passionate about high-quality, highly-available messaging implementations and delivering on customer expectations.
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.