At Northwestern Mutual, we are strong, innovative and growing. We invest in our people. We care and make a positive difference.
This position will be critical in building and deploying CI/CD pipelines and helping application teams migrate overnight batch jobs running in Autosys from HPUX to Linux using a modern CI/CD framework for kornshell and java. Also, working with application teams to modernize NM processing in real-time where possible and reduce reliance on batch processing.
Technologies we use:
- GitLab CI
- Shell scripting
- UNIX and Linux platforms
- Building and deploying CI/CD pipelines for multiple modern and legacy application technologies. This includes reviewing the application architectural landscape and making appropriate CI/CD pipeline orchestration recommendations
- Providing daily automation development through scripting to ensure all system technical requirements are addressed
- Working closely with Developers, QA and Operations to ensure good quality automation is implemented on data and database migration processes
- Designing and implementing workflows to automate the release and upgrade process for applications in testing environments
- Troubleshooting build and deploy failures and facilitate resolution
- Creating system dashboards that help improve product availability
- Implementing self-service tooling for engineers to help improve team operations and management of the infrastructure
- Participating in the on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
This job is not covered by the existing Collective Bargaining Agreement.Grow your career with a best-in-class company that puts our client's interests at the center of all we do. Get started now!
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristic protected by law.