|Mortgage Consultant |
|Since 1939, our mission is to provide simple and fairly priced financial tools that allow members to save, borrow, and transact. We do this by engaging, educating, and supporting our members to ensure they have the means to make their lives better.|
The TruStone Financial promise is to make each interaction greater than any transaction.
Our core values include:
- Be a Good Neighbor
- Be Approachable
- Be Knowledgeable
- Be Genuine
- Do The Right Thing, Always
TruStone Financial - voted "Best Credit Union to Work For" again in 2018 by our employees, our fourth award in the past five years. We are honored to be recognized as one of the best Credit Unions to work for nationwide!
|Plymouth Corporate Center |
|40 hours with flexible schedule Monday through Friday |
Develop and maintain a TruStone Home Mortgage customer referral base of Realtors, Builders, Financial Service Providers, and Consumers. Provide professional expertise in promoting and originating first mortgage lien loans that meet portfolio and investor guidelines. Build rapport and provides quality customer service for external customers. This position is responsible for growing the TruStone Home Mortgage customer base outside of the TruStone Financial Credit Union Network.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate the loan application process by conducting borrower interviews, in person and over the phone, originating 1st mortgage loans that meet investor and portfolio guidelines.
- Obtain and evaluate credit reports and where applicable, submits loans to Underwriting Department to obtain automated underwriting recommendations.
- Prepare initial loan documentation, including the application and all early disclosures; insuring documents are prepared accurately and timely, in compliance with all regulations.
- Provide financing solutions to borrowers that best meet their financial needs while adhering to anti-predatory lending and regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Communicate with borrower, Realtor, Closing Agent regarding documentation required, file progress, closing arrangements, etc., while maintaining borrower confidentiality.
- Work with the borrower, loan processor, underwriter and closer through the entire loan process.
- Communicate loan decisions to borrowers, including approvals and denials, verbally and in writing.
- Participate in training and continuing education as required by NMLS and any state or federal programs (such as the SAFE Act).
- Work with management to develop, coordinate and deliver training and marketing activities that drive profitable loan volume, meeting production and service goals
- Answer incoming calls, counsel new applicants; answer questions on files in process; or re-direct the caller to appropriate staff in other areas of the department.
- Perform other duties/projects as assigned.
Major Skills and Competencies
- Ability to originate a minimum of three loans per week.
- Knowledge of mortgage products and underwriting guidelines, and regulatory requirements.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Maintain a high level of business acumen with the ability to develop strong relationships with borrowers, realtors, builders, financial services providers and customers by networking outside TruStone Financial Credit Union.
- Ability to identify and facilitate change in a deadline driven, highly regulated environment.
- Competency in basic math skills such as calculating interest and mortgage payments.
- Comfortable working with and balancing data in a variety of loan systems.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Business Administration or a related field, or four years of equivalent work experience in the mortgage lending field. Three years of experience in mortgage lending, finance or real estate related field.
- One year of experience and proven success at developing consistent business by networking.
- Must meet SAFE ACT licensing requirements.
- Must have thorough knowledge of FHA, USDA and VA Lending.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver's license.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment screening.
Frequent periods are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
- Ability to move about and communicate with a diverse membership and employee group.
- Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through the use of computers and technology.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in a changing, challenging and fast paced work environment with variable stress.
Travel & Expected Hours of Work
- This position requires up to 35% travel.
- Responsible for own transportation and travel to and from business partner locations within Minnesota and Wisconsin (such as Realtors and Builders offices, closing agent offices, etc.)
- Hours may include nights and weekends to accommodate borrower and business partner needs.
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
|We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. |