AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
The Planning Manager will lead the planning team to drive performance; increasing customer satisafction, and deliver on operational excellence goals. The Planning Manager contributes to the execution of the sales, profitability and OWC targets established by the SMU by deploying effective Supply Planning processes and participating in S&OP, OTIF improvement and SLOB management.
• Manages the Site Supply Team of 5 people- Train, motivate, evaluate and perform all employment activities
• Ensures that the Supply Planning team develops an optimized supply plan for all material types (raw&pack, traded, intermediate and finished goods) based on the business demand and the capacity of the supply chain:
• Manage the Supply Plan to maximize stock availability, minimize OWC and minimize the ISC costs (Logistics, Production, Purchasing)
• Responsible for providing Manufacturing with a feasible Produciton Plan that meets customer requirements while optimizing manufacturing capabilities and constraints
• Conduct ABC-XYZ analysis setting a target stocking policy by categorizing products based on volume and volatility of customer demand
• Define Inventory Policies for Cycle Stock and Safety Stocks to meet the agreed Service Levels with Customers
• Monitor, track and report on the delivery of Supply through weekly Tier Reviews as well as Demand Control meetings
• Execute Plans for new products and product changes by interacting with Demand Planning, Marketing and Sales
• Prepare the RCCP analysis and lead the Supply Review meeting to discuss Production Capacity with Operations.
• Manage the continuous improvement of OTIF, Inventory and SLOBs as related to the objectives of the business
• Lead the Monthly Supply Review for the Site
• Acts as the point of contact for any supply planning related initiative/topic for the site (e.g. internal / external SLAs) and advises on opportunities to improve the supply chain in a broader sense (Collaborative Planning, SC Analytics, Internet of Things, Footprint/Network optimization ….)
• Provide insight and support for supply chain optimization projects (Collaborative Planning, SC Analytics, Internet of Things, Footprint/Network optimization and others).
• Works together with the rest of the BU Supply Planning network to help raise the capability
• Minimum 5 years experience in Supply Chain Management
• Minimum 5 years experience in SAP. Highly proficient in SAP PP.
• 3-5 years of experience in production planning/Master production scheduling/capacity management
• Experience with a validated or regulated supply chain environment preferred
• Competent in key principles of Material Requirements Planning , Distribution Requirements Planning , Master Production Schedule, Rough Cut Capacity Planning.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), SAP or other equivalent applications.
• Supervisory skills, people management skills including engagement, good communication and time management.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others
• Project management skills
Level of Autonomy
Executes strategic direction on a tactical level, manages a team, develops site’s supply policies.
Bachelor Degree in supply chain, materials management, industrial engineering or other business related field or equivalent experience. Masters degree is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Requisition ID: 2790
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro