* Leads and supervises activities at a specific camp site
|Duties, Functions and Supervision/Accountability:|
Major Duties/Essential Functions
* Actively leads group and individual activities
* Initiates patron disciplinary procedures as appropriate
* Provides communication to and from staff, participants, and parents to lead
* Maintains a safe environment
* Assists lead specialist with planning and supervision of site
* Assist participants, respond to questions and concerns
* Insure facilities are cleaned
* Distribute flyers, newsletters and memos to participants
* Complete required reports and records
* Notify Lead Specialist of problems and concerns regarding staff, facilities and
* Perform leader duties when needed
* Reports to the Lead Specialist
* High School or G.E.D.
* Minimum of 2 years related experience working with school age children and/or
training or equivalent combination of education/experience and training
* Knowledge of appropriate programming and activities for youth
* Knowledge of standard safety practices
* Department policies and procedures
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other
employees, Department personnel and the public, and to deal with them in a
courteous and tactful manner
* Strong oral communication skills
* Ability to instruct, demonstrate and actively participate in camp activities
* Ability to keep accurate records and complete all necessary paperwork
* Ability to complete department First Aid Certification training
* Ability to effectively supervise and maintain control of a group
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk, hear, read and write. This position frequently requires an employee to walk or bend. He/she may periodically need to reach, stoop, crouch, or kneel. The employee may be asked to clean, sweep or mop floors and lift/carry and/or move equipment weighing approximately 10 to 20 pounds.
Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Tools and Equipment Used
* Telephone/cell phone
* First aid equipment
|Special Conditions of Work:|
* Must work well with others
* Has verbal contact with others
* Inside and outside work with exposure to heat and humidity
* Noisy environment
Location: Varies in Oak Creek
Work Schedule: May work up to 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday; hours vary between 7am and 6pm, for a maximum of 90 days.
Employment Period: summer temporary/seasonal. Temporary or seasonal employees are not eligible to receive City insurance or retirement benefits.