Implements purchasing activities in compliance with mandated requirements; overseeing daily activities; responding to a range of inquiries regarding processes or bid status; and achieving department objectives and goals within budget.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain appropriate inventory levels to support the sales forecast at lowest total cost while meeting or exceeding required inventory turns.
- Place and expedite purchase orders, schedule materials, and production processes to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage supplier performance
- Work with Engineering, Estimating and Shop Floor on new product start up.
- Set up and maintain a variety of inventory programs (Kanban, Vendor managed inventory, consignment)
- Analyzes and coordinates daily production schedules based on customers’ demands.
- Purchase raw materials based on needs.
- Assist new and existing customers with order placements.
- Enter data into computer systems.
- Must be analytical- uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Manage numbers for projects and work orders.
Education: High School / GED
Experience and/or Training
- 2-3 years’ experience in manufacturing operations, supply chain, purchasing function
- Ability to work in a demanding and fast paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills including supplier engagement
- Strong mathematical, analytical, organization, planning, prioritizing and multi-tasking skills required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Proficient in MRP / ERP applications
- Medical, Dental, Life, AD&D, and STD at first of month following 59 days
- 10 paid Holidays + 5 days paid vacation + 5 unpaid days off during first year
- Matching 401(k) retirement contribution first of next quarter following 1 year of employment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.