First Midwest, with assets over $18 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
To review all file documentation, prepare final closing documents and requests, review funding with Bank and investor. Ship the completed closed loan file to the investor after preparing a final review to ensure compliance with all Bank, regulatory and investor requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma or GED required
- College degree preferred
- 3 years mortgage lending (closing experience required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively with diverse groups and individuals
- Initiative and ability to create relationships of trust with customers, investors and Bank personnel
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent organizational and data gathering skills
- Excellent telephone skills/ etiquette
- Subject to SAFE Act Registration Requirements
- Position may require the need to travel to other branch or meeting locations.
- Ensure compliance with all Bank, regulatory and investor requirements
- Request and review funding requirements and purchase reconciliations from Bank and/ or investors
- Maintain data integrity of system data fields
- Gather all necessary documents for closing from other parties – Hazard insurance information, subordination agreements, payoffs, taxes, etc. in a timely fashion
- Determine that all underwriting and closing conditions are satisfied prior to disbursement
- Complete Pre-Closing checklist to insure compliance with all regulatory and investor guidelines
- Prepare closing documents
- Maintain customer service satisfaction level of 95% or higher
- Participate in all required training sessions to increase knowledge and ensure compliance
- Maintain adequate control of files to ensure compliance with all consumer protection statutes/ regulations in a defined area of responsibility
- Implement Bank directed policy and any changes relating to regulatory amendments
- Prepare funding advices and monitor wires/ funding’s
- Review final loan documents and deliver files to end investors according to individual investor requirements
- Provide outstanding customer service and display a positive attitude at all times
- Move loan to closing within 30 days of application on 90% of all loan files
- Offer recommendations to streamline and improve processes for the benefit of the customer and the Bank
- Obtain “satisfactory” ratings on all compliance/ audit reviews
- HUD-1 to be reviewed and sent to appropriate parties prior to closing (lenders, attorney, client, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned by management
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here and Supplement here.