* Coordinates the overall operation of a specific playground or camp site
|Duties, Functions and Supervision/Accountability:|
Major Duties/Essential Functions
* Supervises staff and participants
* Plans, schedules and implements appropriate group and individual activities
* Initiates staff and/or patron disciplinary procedures as appropriate
* Provides communication to and from coordinator, staff, participants and parents
* Maintains a safe environment
* Assist participants, respond to questions and concerns
* Insure facilities are cleaned
* Distribute flyers, newsletters and memos to staff
* Complete required reports and records
* Notify coordinator of problems and concerns regarding staff, facilities and
* Perform leader or specialist duties when needed
* Requisition required materials, supplies and equipment
Supervision/Accountability* Reports to the Camp Coordinator
* High School or G.E.D.
* Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of
education/experience and training
* Knowledge of appropriate programming and activities for youth
* Knowledge of standard safety practices
* Department policies and procedures
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other
employees, Department personnel and the public, and to deal with them in a
courteous and tactful manner
* Strong oral communication skills
* Ability to effectively coordinate and direct a specific camp site
* Ability to keep accurate records and complete all necessary paperwork
* Ability to effectively supervise staff
* Ability to complete department First Aid Certification training
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk, hear, read and write. This position frequently requires an employee to walk or bend. He/she may periodically need to reach, stoop, crouch, or kneel. The employee may be asked to clean, sweep or mop floors and lift/carry and/or move equipment weighing approximately 10 to 20 pounds.
Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Tools and Equipment Used
* Telephone/cell phone
* First aid equipment
|Special Conditions of Work:|
* Must work well with others
* Has verbal contact with others
* Inside and outside work with exposure to heat and humidity
* Noisy environment
Location: Varies in Oak Creek
Work Schedule: May work up to 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, hours vary between 9 am and 6 pm, for a maximum of 90 days.
Employment Period: summer temporary/seasonal. Temporary or seasonal employees are not eligible to receive City insurance or retirement benefits.
As a part time position this job is covered by a process that includes, but is not limited to the completion of a formal application, the rating and verification of education and experience, oral interviews and a reference check. Job related tests may be required as determined by the City. All applicants may be required to submit to a stringent medical examination prior to appointment consistent with requirements of the position. All appointees may be fingerprinted and a record check made of local, state or federal authorities. A conviction is not an automatic bar to employment.