|* Assists the Camp Coordinator with planning and supervision of recreation|
camps, field trips and large group activities.
|Duties, Functions and Supervision/Accountability:|
Major Duties/Essential Functions
* Participates in selection of staff
* Plans, schedules and implements field trips and other large group activities
* Assists with staff training and emergency procedure in services
* Brings staff and/or patron disciplinary issues to the Camp Coordinator
* Provides communication to and from office, staff, participants and parents
* Assist participants, respond to questions and concerns
* Insure facilities are cleaned
* Perform routine checks of camps
* Updates flyers, newsletters and memos
* Notify Camp Coordinator of problems and concerns regarding staff, facilities
* Perform leader or specialist duties when needed
* Requisition required materials, supplies and equipment
* Reports to the Camp Coordinator
* High School or G.E.D.
* Minimum of 2 years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of
education/experience and training
* Knowledge of appropriate programming and activities for youth
* Knowledge of standard safety practices
* Must be 18 years of age or older
* Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees,
Department personnel and the public, and to deal with them in a courteous and tactful
* Strong oral communication skills
* Ability to keep accurate records and complete all necessary paperwork
* Strong organizational skills
* Must have a valid driver's license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk, hear, read and write. This position frequently requires an employee to walk or bend. He/she may periodically need to reach, stoop, crouch, or kneel. The employee may be asked to clean, sweep or mop floors and lift/carry and/or move equipment weighing approximately 10 to 20 pounds.
Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Tools and Equipment Used
* Telephone/cell phone
* First aid equipment
|Special Conditions of Work:|
* Must work well with others
* Has verbal contact with others
* Inside and outside work with exposure to heat and humidity
* Noisy environment
Location: Varies in Oak Creek
Work Schedule: Seasonal Employees are able to work 40 hours per week for the summer.
Employment Period: Summer season, maximum 90 days.
Benefits: Temporary or seasonal employees are not eligible to receive City insurance or retirement.