Kalmbach Media has an outstanding career opportunity for a Features Editor, based at Discover, our award-winning science brand. The Features Editor serves a crucial, leading role in not only editing and creating science content, but also in establishing tone and voice for all extensions of the Discover brand, in print and digital. The position reports to the Editor in Chief.
- Take a leading role in the creation of editorial content, the development and commissioning of features, the editing of magazine features, and the cultivation of top contributing writers.
- The position is instrumental in helping establish the brand's tone and voice. That influence extends across all editorial content, from features to columns/departments to digital.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the sciences and uses that knowledge to shape editorial content and concepts.
- May also serve as an ambassador of the brand, representing Discover at science and technical conferences and other events of editorial interest.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in writing and/or editing stories for consumer magazines, newspapers, or general-audience websites.
- Must have experience in digital journalism.
- Degree in journalism, English, science, or an adjacent field.
- Excellent critical-thinking and team-building skills.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for this position you must complete our online application and attach your resume along with:
- A detailed cover letter outlining your qualifications and experience as it relates to this position
- 3-5 writing samples
- Your salary requirements
We are located in Waukesha Wisconsin, about 20 minutes west of Milwaukee. We offer a customer focused work environment and excellent benefits!
Kalmbach Media Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer as defined by the EEOC.