* Plans and leads practices, instructs players and coaches games
|Duties, Functions and Supervision/Accountability:|
Major Duties/Essential Functions
* Plans and implements effective practices
* Coaches and instructs players during games
* Provides communication to and from coordinator, participants and parents
* Assist participants, respond to questions and concerns
* Assists with clean up of facility after use
* Complete required reports and records
* Notify coordinator of problems and concerns regarding facilities, participants, and/or spectators
* Notify coordinator of needed supplies and equipment, or repairs
* Distributes information and supplies to teams
* Recreation Sports Coordinator
* Strong background in the specific sport, teaching experience preferred
* Knowledge of appropriate team sports skills, training, and instruction methods for youth
* Knowledge of standard safety practices
* Department policies and procedures
* Must be 16 years of age or older
* Ability to understand and effectively carry out oral and written instructions
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, department personnel and the public, and to deal with them in a courteous and tactful manner
* Strong oral communication skills
* Ability to maintain a safe and positive learning environment
* Ability to supervise and maintain control of participants
* Ability to effectively communicate principles of good sportsmanship
* Ability to keep accurate records and complete all necessary paperwork
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, talk, hear, read and write. This position frequently requires an employee to walk or bend. He/she may periodically need to reach, stoop, crouch, or kneel. The employee may be asked to clean, sweep or mop floors and lift/carry and/or move equipment weighing approximately 10 to 20 pounds.
Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Tools and Equipment Used
* Telephone/cell phone
* First aid supplies
|Special Conditions of Work:|
* Must work well with others
* Has verbal contact with others
* Inside and outside work with exposure to the weather
* Noisy environment
Location: Varies in Oak Creek
Work Schedule: May work up to 40 hours per week, for a maximum of 90 days.
Employment Period: summer temporary/seasonal. Temporary or seasonal employees are not eligible to receive City insurance or retirement benefits.