CLIENT ASSOCIATION: Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer, SITC
REPORTS TO: Senior Development Manager
DIRECT REPORTS: None
STATUS: Exempt (Minimum of 37.5 hours/week)
The Society for Immunotherapy of Cancer (SITC) is a non-profit medical professional society of influential scientists, academicians, researchers, clinicians, government representatives, and industry leaders from around the world dedicated to improving cancer patient outcomes by advancing the science and application of cancer immunotherapy.
This position is responsible for assisting and managing the fund raising efforts of the organization, including but not limited to, researching and identifying donor prospects, grant writing and submissions, personal solicitation and relationship cultivation in order to secure both education and marketing funding in support of the Society’s educational programs and other initiatives.
- Assist in managing the grants application process. This includes researching and identifying funding opportunities, writing grants, submitting grant proposals and letters of request, creating and monitoring grant budgets, ensuring compliance with support agreements, outcomes reporting and reconciliation if needed for all fund raising efforts of the Society
- Coordinating cross team grant development, communicating deadlines and maintaining files and systems to chart fundraising and supporter/sponsor relations including the fund tracker, grants calendar, and additional project management tools
- Work collaboratively to enhance fundraising efforts with staff members on compliance and implementation of applicable guidelines for confirmed grants and sponsorships, as well as, proper acknowledgement of support and detailed outcomes reporting
- Assist with the maintenance of all needed files and systems to track fund raising efforts and donor relations including a sponsor and donor database (iMIS) to ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved grant budgets and reporting deadlines
- Provide appropriate tracking and trending reports in areas of responsibility
- Support volunteer solicitors and executive staff for development efforts
- Work with the Director of Development and Senior Development Manager to develop and manage short-term and long-term special projects as they arise
- Other duties as assigned
- Qualifications - Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and communications skills. Computer proficiency and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and timeline. An acute attention to detail and a high accuracy on outputs. Able to work successfully in a team environment.
- Education - Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience - Previous association management experience and familiarity with nonprofit boards of directors a plus
- Experience – Previous fundraising experience (2 -5 years) in grant management preferred
- Experience – excellent written, verbal and telephonic communication skills
- Travel of up to 2 weeks per year
- Some evening and weekend work as needed
- Occasional lifting, up to 50 pounds