Description: The Machinist is responsible for the manufacture of parts per print specifications in an accurate and timely manner utilizing manual and CNC machine centers.
Requirements: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear, and use hands to handle, or touch objects or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand and walk. On occasion, the incumbent may be required to stoop, bend or reach above the shoulders. The employee must frequently lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. May work outside in all weather conditions; mainly works indoors in warehouse settings, which are often cooler or hotter than traditional offices. The noise level is often high due to the use of various equipment. Personal protective equipment including hearing protection, safety eyewear, and safety footwear are to be worn at all times while performing the daily responsibilities of this position. The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principal functions of the occupation describes and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work that may be inherent in the occupation.
• Requires education generally equivalent to an Associate’s Degree.
• Requires 3-5 years of machinist experience.
• Requires mathematical skills that require the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform geometric algebraic and trigonometric calculations.
• Must perform metric conversions.
• Requires good oral and written communication skills in order to interact with coworkers.
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints, specifications, and routings.