If you're seeking a new career opportunity, Batteries Plus offers an exciting opportunity as a Warehouse Maintenance Technician. If you have strong communication skills, are great at seeing a project through from beginning to end, can manage multiple projects at once and you have basic warehouse maintenance experience then apply today for consideration for our Warehouse Facilities Technician
Located in our distribution center in Glendale, WI the Warehouse Maintenance Technician is a great opportunity for someone with maintenance and project management experience who enjoys partnering with vendors and is a creative problem solver.
Provide direction, establish priorities, assign tasks, coordinate work projects to Warehouse Associates in regards to general maintenance, facilities, equipment and grounds.
Essential duties and responsibilities (cross-training and other duties may be assigned):
- Schedule vendors and be a main point of contact for any needed repairs and quotes.
- Create and communicate project logs, reports and timely completion and correct prioritization of work
- Repair and maintain structures such as warehouse racking, air compressors and conveyors using power equipment and hand power tools
- Conducts routine walk-throughs and inspections of production equipment and facility and provides necessary repairs
- Monitors and maintains inventory of facility supplies and tools
- Ability to install, maintain and troubleshoot conveyors and air compressors
- PLC experience
- Participate as an active member of the Safety Committee to address any safety concerns in a timely manner
- Ensure all work areas are clean and organized. Maintain a "tour ready" facility
- Ensure all projects and maintenance of production equipment are completed in a safe manner
- Provide clear direction to warehouse project associates. Regularly communicate information for employees to do their jobs safely and consistently well while making them feel part of the team
- Delegate tasks, validate completion and ensure policies and procedures are being followed.
- Ensure compliance with safety procedures and rules in the facility. Wear proper PPE. Report accidents and incidents; perform accident investigations in a timely manner
- Ensure employees obtain training related to facility policies and procedures. Communicate and assist with safety and other training programs
- Assist management team in maintaining a union-free environment
- Minimum H.S. diploma/equivalent; Degree in business management, supply chain or logistics preferred.
- 3 -5 years of warehouse experience or maintenance. Demonstrated leadership abilities.
- Familiarity with a variety of warehousing and logistics concepts, practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and WMS technology.
- Ability to use hand power tools
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Must use judgment to recommend changes to existing methods and make decisions guided by established policy and precedent.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to calculate simple math, percents and ratios. A basic understanding of accounting procedures and financial statements a plus.
- Must be able to become forklift certified, if applicable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business including peak seasons and special events.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Able to effectively manage confrontational situations in a controlled and courteous manner.
A Bit About Us:
Trust is the center of our business. It governs everything we do and makes up the heart of our brand promise, "Today and every day, our neighbors trust us to help repower their lives". Our story began in 1988 with a single location in Green Bay, WI. Today, Batteries Plus Bulbs has over 700 retail store locations across the country. We are the nation's largest growing battery and light bulb franchise. Our stores provide an impressive selection of batteries, light bulbs, fixtures, keys & key fobs, and we offer convenient services like phone and tablet repair. Batteries Plus Bulbs associates are trustworthy, helpful, reliable, resourceful, and passionate. We are powered by a culture of trust, something we have to earn everyday by living up to our values.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran