TAPCO Family owned, Wisconsin based!
At TAPCO, our mission is to enhance transportation and personal safety in our communities through innovative solutions and products. We are driven to save lives! Are you looking for a career where you can earn a great wage based on experience and performance, your contributions are recognized, and you will have growth potential? Then choose TAPCO!
TAPCO is proud to offer the following:
* Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
* 401K Retirement Savings with Employer Match
* Paid Holidays, Vacation and Personal Time Off
* Wellness Plan
* Life Insurance
* Short- and Long-Term Disability
* Gain Sharing Bonus Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
The Production Planner/Scheduler is responsible for ensuring that customer orders are properly scheduled on the production floor to meet promised completion dates. This position is actively involved in communicating with a variety of departments including purchasing, sales, engineering, warehousing and production. This position relies on Microsoft Navision (NAV) ERP system for daily inquires, follow up and scheduling. This position reports to the Master Scheduler.
Duties listed below may vary in terms of importance and other duties may be added or eliminated as this position develops.
* Reviews and carries out any action items on the planning work sheet
* Converts FPOs (Firm Planned Orders) from sales orders through company's ERP system (Microsoft NAV) to RPOs (Released Production Orders) if no visible component shortages
* Review FPOs with shortages to align and/or expedite component availability to enable release of RPOs
* Communicates regularly with Purchasing on the status of purchase orders
* Works closely with inventory control to ensure accuracy
* Schedules and releases production orders to work centers
* Updates promised completion date for production orders
* Communicates with shipping as needed on orders that require special attention to ship on time
* Updates reservations and warehouse picks, both on production orders and sales orders as necessary
* Closes out RPOs upon completion and reviews supply/demand as orders complete production
* Monitors and updates item parameters to properly support demand
* Monitors and updates production lead times
* Creates item numbers, routings and bills of material as required
* Assess bills, routings to ensure accuracy with engineering/manufacturing engineering
* Follows all company safety rules and 5S/Lean Manufacturing procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Excellent attention to detail
* Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
* Ability to multitask in a busy, deadline oriented environment
* Ability to assess needs and solve problems
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to perform basic math on a daily basis (Add, Subtract, Multiply, Divide)
* Must be able to take initiative
* Use and navigate through an ERP system
* 2 - 5 years prior experience as a scheduler within a similar manufacturing environment
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Associate degree a plus
* Strong Microsoft office skills: MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
* Experience using Dynamics NAV (Navision) ERP System a plus
* Prior experience working independently
* Strong communication skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sitting for most of the day using a computer. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, kneel, crouch and stand; use hands to handle objects, tools, or controls; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm; however, at times the workload may not require full time or may require overtime Monday through Saturday. Some flexibility of scheduling may be necessary in order to accommodate customer's needs.