Syngentais a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringingplant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countrieswork together to solve one of humanity's most pressing challenges: growing morefood with fewer resources. A diverse workforce and an inclusive workplaceenvironment are enablers of our ambition to be the most collaborative andtrusted team in agriculture. Our employees reflect the diversity of ourcustomers, the markets where we operate and the communities which we serve. Nomatter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding theworld and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future ofagriculture.
AtSyngenta, we are working to build the most collaborative and trusted team inagriculture that provides leading seeds innovations to enhance the prosperityof farmers. Our Seeds Agronomy team is currently seeking an Agronomist for NK Seedin the Pennsylvania and New York territory. As the NK Agronomist, you will implement the NK Brand strategy in your territoryand provide intense local knowledge and agronomic expertise to address complexagricultural challenges.
Youwill enhance the prosperity of farmers by:
Cities include: State College and Lancaster Pennsylvania andIthaca and Scranton, New York
* Bachelor ofScience in Agronomy or related field required preferred
* 2 years ofexperience in Agronomy or sales as well as strong technical background
* 2 years ofexperience in Research and Development role with strong understanding of salesand commercial aspects
*Deep knowledge of the seed industry
* Basic understanding of marketing principles and techniques
* Understanding ofstatistical principals and data analysis
* Significanttechnical knowledge of product portfolio, product pipeline and product valuepropositions
* Understanding ofAgronomic theory - knowledge of farming best practices, seed technologies, cropprotection
*Understanding of segmentation strategy and priorities
*20% of work performed in a standard home office environment
* 80% of work performed in vehicle, at meetings and in field locations withemployees, co-workers, customers and other associates
Syngentais an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment,hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons ofrace, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
Familyand Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
EqualEmployment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC)
EmployeePolygraph Protection Act (EPPA)