AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
This position is located at our Reading, PA location.
Swing Shift - rotating between 1st and 2nd shift.
Hours- 7am- 3pm - 3pm-11pm
This position is responsible for all safely repairs and maintains equipment, preventative maintenance, calibrations, etc. for Reading Plant.
• Ability to react timely and safely to emergency repairs
• Ability to install equipment both mechanically and electrically
• Ability to read and trace schematics both electrical and mechanical
• Degree of expertise is determined by various mechanical / electrical skills (Troubleshooting, PLC knowledge, welding, machining skills, etc.)
• Ability to assist in design and construction of various mechanical or electrical projects.
• Completes maintenance documentation in computer system. This includes job time confirmation and parts consumption
• Responsable for stores management (Parts, Max/Min levés, etc.)
• Responsible for general housekeeping in the department and other maintenance areas throughout plant (Boiler rooms, Water recovery room).
• Responsible for helping operators/mechanics in other areas, as assigned by supervision.
• Responsible for participating in safety activities
• Attend and participate in Powder Plant Programs/Committees/Training as required, such as Department Safety, Plant Safety, Behavioural Safety, Housekeeping Audit Teams, ISO, Life Saving Rules or any other safety programs.
• Participate in the Powder Safety Journey. Adhere to the Golden Principle which is Simply to intervene to stop work if conditions or behaviour are unsafe.
• Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
• Strong organization skills.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; communicates effectively with various employee groups, contractors and management.
• Knowledge of Company policies and procedures.
• Ability to organize priorities and perform at a fast pace.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Knowledge of process equipment.
• Strong teamwork skills.
• Requires daily contact with employees in other departments.
• Ability to work with contractors.
• Ability to work Shifts. May be required to lift up to 55 lbs.
• Overtime coverage is required, particularly for short-notice absences of other Shift FLL.
• May work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time, performs sustained manual activities at moderate to heavy levels of exertion.
• Works and travels throughout the plant environments of varied temperatures and humidity.
• Climbs ladders and stairs and works on elevated platforms.
• May work in confined spaces.
• May use hand tools and operate fixed and mobile plant equipment.
• Wears personal protective equipment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Requisition ID: 2404
Nearest Major Market: Reading PA