AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
To ensure that adequate resources and processes reside in all aspects of customer service. Geared towards highly professional interactions with customers associated with order processing, complaint registration, general management and information requirements.
Acts as a consultant to Customers regarding, products and specifications available and supports Orders to Cash practices for Aerospace.
Supports sales targets for the Americas by coordinating with internal and external sales related programs and services.
Ensures that AkzoNobel Customer Service Department is seen by customers as best in class for the Aerospace Market Segment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Processes order receipts efficiently, prioritizing timely order processing and outstanding customer interactions and relationships. Registers and processes customer orders in the ERP system received via electronic mail, phone or through other contact parties with the customer. Ensures order processing is handled correctly in full, and within 24 hours.
- Supports the order to cash process and collaborates with third party collection agency to resolve collection issues with customers.
- Initiates and tracks PMMT (new product set up and color) requests. Escalates PMMT’s as required and follows up on urgent requirements
- Raises issues in delivery and/or invoice process with concerned parties
- Tracks status of orders and expedites through the system when necessary by coordinating with Planners and Logistics.
- Acts as first level contact with customer for answers to questions and in attempting to resolve complaints.
- Finds solutions for customer needs (e.g. additional and/or alternative products) through advanced customer, market, product and specification knowledge.
- Provides price quotations to direct accounts and for non-standard pricing within 24 hours
- Makes proposals for improvements to work processes.
- Enters customer complaints. Coordinates resolution and initiates credits or RMA’s when applicable.
- Initiate, and investigate, corrective actions and determine root cause on any Customer Service-related issues. Resolves complaints appropriately through RMA or credit process. Initiates necessary changes to CS processes to reduce/eliminate CS caused complaints.
- Support enhancements to training programs for customer service-related process by offering suggestions to CS Supervisor.
- Supports the training of new Customer Service team members
- Completes registering / filing / archiving of customer service-related documentation.
- Assures cooperation between customer service and field force regarding administration of customers’ orders.
- Adheres to all applicable corporate as well as site policies/procedures with regards to personal conduct/HS&E standards and acts in compliance with all regulations.
- Runs ad-hoc reports regarding customer usage and history when required.
- Delivers custom information on high profile accounts as required.
- Knowledge & Work Experience – Paints & Coatings industry or any B2B Specified Products industry Environment.
- 4-5 years of work experience in customer services and/or sales support.
- Strong proficiency in the use of SAP or similar ERP systems
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Skills – Excellent customer service orientation, stakeholder management, communication and presentation, conflict management, commercial and business acumen, basic understanding of financial concepts related to sales and customer services
- Solid understanding of Planning, Production and Logistics functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Requisition ID: 2610