This position is responsible for performing and/or overseeing daily operations related to providing housing services to residents. Responsibilities may include supervising staff; performing inspections; and enforcing compliance. Working for Travaux might allow you to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; coordinating staff training; and implementing hiring, discipline, and termination procedures.
- Oversees daily operations, including: overseeing unit leasing; monitoring re-certifications; initiating evictions; monitoring occupancy and turnaround time of vacant housing units; and overseeing building and ground maintenance.
- Enforces compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and leases.
- Performs inspections of buildings, grounds, and units to determine repair, service, and other needs.
- Responds to resident inquiries; resolves resident complaints; performs resident evictions as needed.
- Coordinates department services across divisions to ensure effective service delivery.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for services and supplies.
- Prepares and manages operating budgets.
- Prepares operating, housing occupancy, and related reports.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Computers and related software;
- Supervisory principles;
- Budgetary principles;
- Methods of preparing reports;
- Methods of performing inspections.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Using computers and related software;
- Supervising staff;
- Overseeing department operations;
- Performing inspections;
- Enforcing compliance with laws, rules, and regulations;
- Resolving resident complaints;
- Preparing budgets;
- Preparing reports;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Bachelor’s degree in related field; 3-5 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
- Public Housing Manager Certification
- Valid Wisconsin Driver License
Independent Judgment/Decision Making/Problem Solving:
Performs duties within scope of general authority policies procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and preforms needs assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve desired results. Regular exercise of independent judgment within accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies, procedures, and practices. Refers exceptions to policy and procedures to the supervisor.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.