- Serve as program assistant for Center projects. Aid on multiple active grants at CAPS as needed. Perform data collection during patient initial visit and on-site follow-up visits.
- In collaboration with the PI, lead recruitment efforts.
- Act as primary liaison between off site primary clinics and MCW to recruit patients and as primary liaison between study subjects and the PI regarding consent forms.
- Conduct eligibility screening.
- Compile and maintain research files, grant files and related records related to program assistant role.
- Coordinate proper data management per protocol requirements and compliance, i.e. collect and record all data pertaining to study patients.
- Create, maintain, and update a secure, confidential computer database on all patients under research investigation.
- Obtain, copy, mail, maintain files of films, charts, and information on protocol patients.
- Ensure compliance/adherence to the Sponsor and MCW's policies, requirements, legal contracts, and HIPAA regulations. Perform basic statistical analyses with EXCEL/SAS/STATA/SPSS as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support within CAPS.
- Assist the PIs in writing and presenting research reports, grant protocols, conducting literature searches and pulling articles from the library, drafting manuscripts and facilitating submission of manuscripts to scientific journals.
- Coordinate/perform/assist with the reporting and communications with the IRB, government agencies, and study sponsor regarding adverse effects, study implementation, study renewal, study termination, and other activities necessary for exceptional performance from inception to close. Prepare IRB submissions, draft and submit continuing IRB reviews, monitor e-IRB requirements for funded studies. Facilitate communications between funding agencies, institution administrators, and researchers.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the status of current studies. Review, evaluate, and report to PI on a regular basis. Discuss with PI and report any Adverse Event per study protocol. Prepare abstracts, posters and presentations for scientific meetings.
- Work with community partners of the Center, assisting health educators in providing health education to community sites, establishing community partnerships, and working with designated community sites to advance the research, education and training mission of the Center.
- Assist summer student trainees at the Center. Work with summer students (including, high school, college and medical students) during their summer experience. Assist students with data collection, data entry, and provide guidance on research related issues.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Appropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on equivalent basis
Minimum Required Education: Bachelor's degree
Minimum Required Experience: 0 years
MCW as an Equal Opportunity Employer and Commitment to Non-Discrimination
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse community of outstanding faculty, staff, and students, as well as ensuring equal educational opportunity, employment, and access to services, programs, and activities, without regard to an individual's race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, predisposing genetic characteristic, or military status. Employees, students, applicants or other members of the MCW community (including but not limited to vendors, visitors, and guests) may not be subjected to harassment that is prohibited by law or treated adversely or retaliated against based upon a protected characteristic.