Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG.
Plans and conducts activities concerned with the quality assurance of production processes, materials, and products by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
- Maintain compliance of HACCP and SQF plans along with Q.A. and production programs
- Understand processing specifications
- Lead product changeover coordination and organization on the Kitchen side.
- Perform operator quality evaluations
- Perform operator training of Food Safety and Quality procedures and practices.
- Maintain kitchen cleanliness in accordance with Food Safety and Quality standards.
- Perform routine quality analysis of the company's food manufacturing process
- Record and manage results of daily, weekly and monthly quality checks and audits
- Assess and report quality related trends, requests and policies effectiveness to the QA Manager
- Review HACCP & SQF paperwork for deviations and resolve, within reasonable time lines
- Assess SOP paperwork and identify deviations and corrective measures in any given area
- Maintain Q.A. hold accuracy and identify causes of deviations and corrective actions
- Resolve concerns identified under Quality Assurance Programs
- Resolve issues and provide information on quality concerns to Quality Manager
- Act as a liaison for company notifying floor sups/mgrs of concerns and assist in resolving those concerns
- Verify process control practices and compliance, bringing ideas forward for process/program improvement
- Coordinate and clarify Q.A. policies for all areas of the facility
- Perform regular quality and food safety training to all employees
- Investigate problem causes in cooperation with production
- Discuss solutions to product problems in cooperation with production & help implement agreed upon solution
- Monitor preventative maintenance practices with production
- Work with production to eliminate program deviations which result in non-compliance records or documentation
- Coordinate corrective action and preventative measures where facility deviations occur
- Coordinate and report sensory analysis for plant, R&D and co-manufacturer products.
- Pride in Company and Product
- Speed and Sense of Urgency
- Trust, Integrity, and Respect
- An Innovative Mindset
- Fact Based Culture
- Accountability and Discipline
- Social Responsibility and Community Engagement
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must be able effectively use the English language, in verbal and written form
- Must be able to effectively communicate and interpret work instructions and safety rules using English
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common internal reports and supporting documents
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community
- Ability to effectively present information to floor staff and plant management
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Ability to develop basic excel and word spreadsheets along with basic PowerPoint presentations.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Travel & Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals must be capable of performing light physical activity as part of the essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell with reasonable accommodation. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with reasonable accommodation.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee. Job duties and time spent doing them may change based on business need.
Conagra Brandsis an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.
Conagra Brands, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.