What's the role?
Protecting our client's risk is at the heart of what we do here at Northwestern Mutual. The Risk Products Delivery Practice is seeking talented, motivated business analysts to come and join our growing team that is responsible for helping build, develop, and implement our next generation of risk products (life, DI, LTC, and annuities).
As a member of our team, you will serve as the overall technical business analyst on one or more large, complex programs consisting of multiple efforts.? In addition, you will be accountable for:
- Developing and documenting product specifications for new and changing risk products
- Conducting high-level impact analysis during product research and development phases
- Change management
- Developing deep subject matter expertise across various components of our risk products, the various systems, business rules, data, product values, and operations.
- Serving as the "glue" between business analysts and product managers across the spectrum of teams and systems that bring our risk products to life.
What does the role need?
- Experience in insurance (new issue and servicing) is strongly desired
- Intellectual curiosity - a desire to dig into the details, learn, ask questions, and become the "go to expert" on certain concepts and topics
- An ability to work as part of a team and develop strong, trusted working relationships across engineering, product, actuarial, legal, and the business
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective oral, presentation, and written communication skills
- A background in actuarial, or actuarial systems, is also a strong plus
- Interest in career growth and advancement - We believe people are at the core of what makes the company tick. If you are interested in finding a place in the company to grow a career, a to develop deep subject matter expertise and become the next "expert", this is the team for you!