**Potential $2,500 days and $5,000 nights Retention Bonus!**
WHO ARE WE?
At Aptar, we use insights, design, engineering, and science to create innovative packaging technologies that build brand value for our customers, and, in turn, make a meaningful difference in the lives, looks, health, and homes of people around the world.
Every day, Aptar creates “a-ha moments” for its customers and their consumers and patients by continually bringing innovations to market that convert non-dispensing packaging into breakthrough product-dispensing systems, including those that give people more effective ways to put on their favorite fragrance, kids the opportunity to pour ketchup without making a mess and patients connected technologies that help them more easily adhere to treatment.
We have manufacturing facilities in North America, Europe, Asia, and South America and over 13,000 dedicated employees in 18 different countries.
YOU SHOULD WORK HERE BECAUSE WE
- Attract and develop high-performing people.
- Promote a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Allow for failure by allowing people to make mistakes through an open and trusting environment.
- Invest in the development of employees through local, regional, and global career opportunities.
- Contribute to the communities where we reside.
This position is to provide assistance to the Manufacturing/Operational processes, and Quality Systems. The operator manages material flow on the equipment, monitors operation, makes operating adjustments (as required) and verifies equipment operating conditions to assure conformance to specifications. The operator is responsible for area housekeeping and following proper safety procedures plus recommending changes to enhance equipment performance and improve safety. This position must participate and adhere to all applicable plant certifications including but not limited to, ISO 9001:2000 and SQF.
THIS IS HOW YOUR JOURNEY BEGINS
- Arrive 5 minutes before start of shift in order to communicate with previous shift.
- Read activity board for scheduled color changes, conversions and set-ups.
- Create, label and number boxes.
- Read shop order for product requirements and verify box label matches product.
- Answer bells, check for stuck parts, and use Process Monitor on press.
- Clean machines after completing production activities and to maintain efficiency.
- When necessary, operate emergency stops on closing machines, grinders, auxiliary equipment and understand lock out/tag out procedure.
- Operate and maintain all types of manufacturing equipment. At time operating several machines at once to relieve for breaks/lunch.
- Examining and discarding defective goods and packaging components. Rummaging through product to look for gross defects.
- Monitor the machine operations to see that the finished product and components are adequately matching the quality and quantity constraints.
- Support and adhere to all system procedures and company policies/procedures.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate any gross defects to the technical team and communicate any problems or issues with the other team members.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING ON THE JOURNEY
- Ability to read, count, and write
- Ability to distinguish colors as evidenced by a maximum score of 80 on the Farnsworth-Munsell Color Test
- Prompt, reliable attendance is required
- Effective written and verbal communication
What We Offer
- An outstanding benefits package, which includes 401(k), pension, medical, dental, life insurance for you and optional for your dependents, LTD, STD, vision, flex spending, pet care, auto & home, critical illness, and a wellness program.
- A company with core values and a vision for the future
- Challenging assignments and training programs to help you develop to your full potential
- A company committed to economic, social, and environmental sustainability