What's the role?
In the role of VP, Test Environments and Test Data, you will sit within the Test Engineering function and be on the ground floor of setting up a managed test environment and test data service. You will be the primary driver in establishing a service model, piloting it within select groups, and then promoting and scaling the service to the entire company with a focus on reducing complexity and increasing resiliency. Your role and responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain the test environment and test data policy, strategy, and vision for the entire enterprise. Ensure that it is aligned to testing and business objectives set by the Head of Test Engineering and Head of Infrastructure and Operations (which cascade from the CTO).
- Partner with infrastructure, development, and testing teams to ensure that test environments and test data are delivered, monitored, and supported to a high degree of quality.
- Manage and grow a high-performing test environment and test data team with a strong, support-focused culture with high morale.
- Provide an excellent test environment and test data managed service that measures execution and client satisfaction through KPIs.
- Ensure environments and data meets all security and compliance standards, in addition to managing team finances and internal projects according to established processes.
You will be reporting directly to the VP and Head of Test Engineering and will be expected to negotiate with senior leaders and build strategic relationships across our business, digital product, technology, and vendor teams.
Your project scope span across both modern and legacy systems and include teams located in Milwaukee, New York, and India. Light travel between Milwaukee and New York (once every quarter) is required.
Your general milestones for the first year are the following:
- Within first two weeks, meet 1:1 with key stakeholders and leaders from business, testing, development, and engineering teams in order to understand current pain points and gaps.
- Within four months, complete comprehensive appraisal of current state of test environment and test data landscape for entire company. This will include, but is not limited to: current processes, governance, tools, resources, environment and data usage, and general environment and data needs
- Within five months, using previous appraisal data, deliver organizational environment and test data strategy.
- Within six months, identify a handful of pilot teams in order to test environment and test data strategy.
- Within one year, demonstrate effective execution of strategy with pilot teams using KPIs.
- Extreme ownership.
- Providing leadership and direction through managers.
- Experience having built a test environment and test data service or managed a large scale service is a must.
- Focus on organization, communication, and relationships over technology-technology is important for this role, but communication and relationships will be key.
- ITIL certification, preferred
- Tons of room for career growth.
- Highly competitive salary
- Amazing Benefits