Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure. Your responsibilities
The Software Engineer will work with the Systems Manager and other technology functions to design, evaluate, code, integrate, and validate software products for commercial and industrial customers.
- Develop software for resource-constrained IOT platforms
- Be responsible for designing software solutions
- Actively interact with diversified teams to define system's technical specifications
- Analyze customer requirements and help determine test validation process
- Plan, perform, and document unit tests
- Analyze results and present findings at technical design reviews to ensure design robustness, efficiency, future maintainability and supportability
- Deliver in a very dynamic environment
- Communicate with technical and product management on technical matters
- Collaborate with company wide technical teams to develop team members around the world
- BSEE (Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering) OR BSCS (Bachelors of Science in Computer Science) OR equivalent (High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of industry experience)
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of OOD/OOP with C++
- Proven experience in Java development
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Master of Science in Computer Science or Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Experience in SW development for real-time systems
- Understanding Ethernet and TCP/IP protocol
- Experience with TCP-based industrial protocols - Modbus, ProfiNet, OPC UA
- Experience with developing and using Web Services
- Fluency in Python