What's the role?
As a technical, hands-on Test Engineer, your job is to participate in the manual and automation testing of various web-based projects that integrate over various systems, including: cloud-based and on-prem proprietary applications, Microsoft Outlook, mobile applications, CRMs (Microsoft Dynamics), DocuSign, and complex API and service-based integrations.
You will be under the guidance of a Test Engineering Manager for a team with an already-established, mature testing process. Your role will be that of a "full-stack" Test Engineer - someone who has a strong appreciation and skill in manual / exploratory testing with the exceptional capability of writing automated and performance tests (time and training is allotted after hiring to learn our automation framework and language of choice - node.js).
Your general milestones for the first year are the following:
- Within two weeks, understand the tools and processes for capturing and pulling work from a backlog, and demonstrate the ability to document and execute new and existing test scenarios.
- Within one month, understand the basics of node.js and our automation framework (written in node.js) to the point in which you can contribute basic automation tests.
- Within two months, be able to discuss high-level functionality and infrastructure of applications an services that integrate with CRMs. You should understand all basic user flows and how the technology behind it works.
- To learn node.js to working proficiency within 2 months.
- Within three months, be able to build out entire features leveraging our current automation test infrastructure (written in node.js) with minimal assistance.
- Within six months, learn basics of Scala and how it's used in our performance testing framework (leveraging Gatling).
- Within twelve months, be able to effectively build performance tests leveraging gatling with minimal assistance.
Bring Your Best! What this role needs:
- Proven examples of building automation frameworks and scripts.
- Working proficiency of at least one programming language.
- Experience using Selenium.
- Can move quickly and independently. Everyone here is incredibly kind and extremely willing to share knowledge and a helping hand, but you have to be willing to take ownership of the outlined goals and make things happen.
Desirable skills for this role:
- Understanding of Node.js, NPM Scripting, Selenium and Webdriver.io to work on our end-to-end, API and performance testing framework.
- Understanding of Git version control including branch strategy. Familiarity with GitLab, GitLab CI, Docker and Jenkins for CI/CD is preferred but not required.
- Ability and confidence to peer-review code for quality, cleanliness, and general best practices.
- Understanding of client/server applications and microservice architecture, and the ability to test highly-complex integrated systems and data.
- Experience with using Fiddler or Wireshark, Postman, Browser DevTools, CLIs. Any similar experience is acceptable for manual testing and analysis needing to be performed in the role.
- Desire to work closely with an agile development team, but also collaborate regularly with other test engineers across projects to mature testing practices.
- Tons of room for career growth. You're on the ground floor and the team will be growing - leadership positions are there for the taking if you show the desire.
- Highly technical and passionate fellow test engineers. We care a lot about what we do and are very active in local meetups and love new ideas.
- Highly competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Onsite fitness center, credit union, health clinic
- Employee tuition reimbursement
- Career and leadership development programs
- Life and disability income insurance
- Cash balance pension and 401(k) match
- Competitive health insurance with flexible spending accounts