We are looking for a CNC Robotics Manager for a permanent position with a local manufacturing company on the North side of Milwaukee. This is a 1st shift position that will oversee machining activities of CNC Set up Operators on all 3 shifts.
MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE IN CNC AND ROBOTICS PROGRAMMING
Under the direction of the Plant Manager, the CNC Robotics Supervisor oversees the activities of CNC Set-Up Operators for all 3 shifts. This position is responsible for the selection, training and development of CNC Set-Up Operators; for creating programs for CNC rotary machining centers and robotic trimmers; and for updating and maintaining all CNC programs.
Duties and Tasks:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all – inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
• Design, develop and formulate programs for multiple machining operations of CNC machining centers and robotic trimmers across 3 shifts.
• Make recommendations relative to corrections, modifications, or improvements regarding to accuracy of programs or reduction of costs.
• Train and assist CNC programmers on completing first article reports and developing process sheets for programmed CNC parts.
• Act as technical resource to address and resolve CNC programming inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems and assist programmers in solving machine malfunctions.
• Ensure safe work environment and practices within the CNC Programming department.
• Help train CNC setup technicians on all shifts.
• Precision Fixture Locating System Implementation
• Develop CNC and robotic set-up operation training program
• Eliminate bottlenecks in CNC’s and robotics dept.
• Train programmers on robotic programming
• Offline robotics programming
• Ability to move jobs from one robot to another without reprogramming
• Support fabrication of assembly fixtures
• Periodically, will be required to support the sales quoting process on possible new jobs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience
• High school diploma plus two years technical school. Preferably a bachelor’s degree, but not required.
• Must have 3- 5 years’ experience in CNC and robotics programming.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows program such as Excel & Word.
• Exposure to 5-axis programming skills are a plus and CAD experience with Surfcam, Solidworks, and Bobcat.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, production schedules, purchase orders, maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
• Ability to write reports, procedural manuals, correspondence, and communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and other employees.
Mathematical & Reasoning Skills
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of specifications and information furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company’s work rules and employment compliance laws. Responsibilities include for all 3 shift operations; training employees, appraising performance, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.