We are seeking a long-term Mechanical Technician for a manufacturing company in Brown Deer, WI. This is a 6 month contract to start with the possibility of going long-term.
This position requires someone who is self-motivated, works well with others in various lab environments. They are responsible for:
• Executing mechanical tests based on developed procedures throughout the entire lab.
• Testing production components on various test lines.
• Configuring and operating test setups and fixtures based on test plans and standards.
• Working with Supervisor, Design Engineers and development team on product functionality and performance.
• Submitting accurate test reports and technical support to Design engineer, Manufacturing engineers and Quality.
• Reviewing the accuracy and consistency of data results.
• Having good mathematical skills and strong understanding of excel.
• Communicating observations seen during tests and/or test set-ups.
• Understanding schematics and/or technical drawings.
• Using instrumentations such as micrometers, scales, calipers, microscope, etc. for part inspection.
• Participating in calibration of lab equipment.
• Assisting in preventative maintenance.
- Stand for prolonged periods of time
- Regularly lift up to 40 pounds
- Occasionally lift up to 70 pounds
- Regularly required to stand, bend, reach, and move about the facility
Intermediate Skills for MS Word, MS Excel; MS Outlook, Test Equipment
up to 2 years of formal post high school specialize trade, technical school or college
60% Performs accuracy, research and development and mechanical testing on new and existing products to evaluate standards established by a project engineer or design team
25% Submit timely and accurate testing documentation to specified parties, including engineering data bases and project hours
10% Calibrate and service instruments and equipment in the Hydro and mechanical labs
5% Make improvements to test equipment and lab procedures in order to improve both safety & productivity of the Hydro and mechanical test labs