We are seeking a talented Senior Electronics Engineer to join our Value Engineering Team. The successful candidate will drive value and performance into electronic systems across our entire product line.
Day in the Life
You will become part of the Electrical Engineering Department which has helped to establish the company as a leader in the industry.
You will work and grow in a fast-paced team that supplies critical Design Engineering support to domestic and international operations.
At our corporate headquarters we provide a modern and well-equipped workspace with all the lab equipment and design tools you will need to do great work.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceive and lead innovative design projects to improve the performance of the electronic systems across large and growing product line.
- Quickly react to Product Design issues with root cause analysis, testing, and design changes and become a subject matter expert on Electronics HW & FW designs.
- Develop embedded system designs including schematic capture, PCB Layout, and microcontroller firmware from prototype through to mass production.
- Use critical path methods, impactful communications, and cross functional collaboration to manage numerous short and long duration projects to success.
- Milwaukee Tool is a global organization. Domestic and international travel one time per year is required to maintain a strong knowledge of the business and its operations.
Education & Background
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science and at least seven (7) years of applicable experience is required.
- Engineering Design Tool experience: MCU Compilers and Debuggers (8/16/32 Bit), PCB Design Software (Altium), Mixed Signal Oscilloscopes, and SPICE.
- Must be a good cross functional communicator and thrive with a high mix / high volume project workload.
- Background in any of the following: portable electronics, power tools, motor controls, power electronics and power supply circuits, Lithium-Ion Battery Management and charging, measurement systems.
- Should enjoy being a hands-on engineer