This position is responsible for managing the operations of an assigned Section 8 program. Responsibilities may include supervising staff; reviewing program information; and performing related program functions. Under general supervision, functions as administrator of automated systems and provides administrative support for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program. Working for the Housing Authority might allow you to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program .
TYPICAL CLASS ESSENTIAL DUTIES: (These duties are a representative sample; position assignments may vary.)
- Supervises staff to include: prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; coordinating staff training; and implementing hiring, discipline, and termination procedures.
- Receives and processes referrals for special program initiatives, including private sector project based developments, incoming/outgoing portability cases and VASH referrals..
- Processes the monthly rent roll to assure timely payments to owners/landlords.
- Processes annual SEMAP reporting.
- Develops, updates, troubleshoots, and submits various required reports accurately and timely, including monthly program utilization (VMS reporting), and Public Housing Information Center (PIC) Reports, etc.
- Administers the waiting list for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
KNOWLEDGE (position requirements at entry):
- Knowledge of Basic Accounting – Experience in Accounts Payable/Receivable
- Applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations;
- Computers and related software;
- Supervisory principles;
- Department operations;
- Methods of conducting investigations;
- Methods of preparing reports.
SKILLS (position requirements at entry):
- Using computers and related software;
- Supervising staff;
- Managing department operations;
- Conducting investigations;
- Preparing reports;
- Resolving complaints;
- Maintaining program wait lists;
- Maintaining program information;
- Processing rent roll;
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others sufficient to exchange or convey information and to promote program services.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE (positions in this class typically require):
Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Accounting related field; 2-4 years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
LICENSING REQUIREMENTS (positions in this class typically require):
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.