AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
This role is accountable for sourcing & development for North America (incl. US, Canada & Mexico). Development activities include increasing overall maturity of the logistics function, including implementing the optimal Logistics footprint (warehousing & transportation) in North America ensuring uninterrupted and timely supply against optimum costs based on business requirements. Responsible for logistics sourcing across all transport modes and warehousing services. Managing Logistics Service Providers (3PL & 4PL) is a key component of this role.
• Development of a coherent regional Logistics plan aligned with the Logistics Strategy and the individual businesses logistics requirements.
• Exploit synergies by leading the regional logistics network(s) identifying, developing and implementing the optimal AkzoNobel regional logistics footprint.
• Manage all regional logistics commercial/sourcing activities such as, bid events, contract negotiation, etc.
• Recognized sourcing expert in a specific logistics mode or category coordinating best practice across multiple regions.
• Ensure Logistics tools & processes are used in the logistics network.
• Leading or overlooking major change projects / processes such as business case development, opening new warehouse operations and other strategic logistics projects.
• Raise the logistics capability across the region.
• Recognized global expert in a specific process coordinating best practice across multiple regions.
• Lead the continuous improvement activities, including internal and external benchmarking to identify logistics continuous improvement opportunities.
• Logistics Category Specialist, Sourcing & contract management of global flows (i.e. sea/air freight/ courier).
Please add the content for the advert here
• Master degree in Supply Chain strongly preferred, or other relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
• Strong analytical & interpersonal skills and ability to influence and guide others. Ability to work at all levels of the organization.
• Experience to implement, manage and optimize large (logistics) change programs in the region (experienced change management agent).
• Logistics market knowledge and identification of external developments.
• Skilled in communication in the English language in writing and spoken word.
• Stress resistance, flexible, problem solving attitude with a strong focus on results. Travel up to 50%.
Master degree in Supply Chain strongly preferred, or other relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Requisition ID: 1254
Nearest Major Market: Nashville